Notices

Found some clarity today

Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found some clarity today

Day 2: I want to remember the feeling of waking up with no hangover but also the recent guilt and shame from when I did drink. I want to remember all the bad things that have happened and the good things I may have blocked from coming into my life. I want to remember how I miss a good night's sleep from drinking and crying myself to sleep every night. I can't wait to wake up with a positive mind. I miss that...

Day 2: Spoke with a trusted friend about realizing alcohol is no longer for me. I told her I don't like how alcohol effects my body or my character. It no longer serves it's "purpose". As I explained why I'm choosing not to drink, she explained that's exactly why she's a non-drinker. Never questioned me or reacted with surprise. It was kind of like a "welcome to the club" moment lol! It serves no purpose for her and she doesn't need it. Neither do I

Non drinkers are people who've realized they don't need alcohol and alcoholics are people who finally realize they don't need alcohol either. The only people I'm stressed over expressing my decision not to drink are other people who need not drink either. *sigh*
Old 05-28-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will not receive much support
from that group. When I was using,
I could care less if someone wanted
to stop or continue.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

@chicagon I do have some friends who I've given a hint of "hey let's quit together" and they weren't interested at all. Good thing I'm now doing this sobriety thing for me first. I'm trying to fight through my bad habit of caring what people think of my flaws - its a perfectionist thing. I'm proud of not drinking but afraid of judgment for having admitted a problem. Eh that's confusing but I hope you get the point lol
Old 05-28-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Write those feelings down, we have really bad memories when the thought of a drink surfaces. You can do this StayStrong33!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sent you a reply to ur PM. But u need to free up some space. Did not go through. Be well!!!