Notices

Hey!

Old 05-28-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey!

Hey guys! Most of you won't know me but some of you might remember me moaning and just being in a terrible state at the start of last year. I haven't been back on SR in a long time but I was thinking about you guys tonight so thought I'd post. It's been up and down but I am now very much sober and have been for a long time I don't think about drinking and don't crave it or wish I could use it as a crutch for anxiety. I went to AA and met some wonderful people but didn't feel my reasons for drinking fitted in with everyone else's and had to come out due to potential confidentiality issues with my work. I learnt to drive and passed my test first time, got promoted twice, moved out of my parents house and just finished my first professional qualification. I mended my relationships with my family and made some amazing new friends.

It's not been easy. I made some huge mistakes and slipped up massively at the start. I still suffer with anxiety and shakiness most days and I have a huge amount of guilt, shame and embarrassment which I don't think will ever go away. I occasionally have dreams about drinking but I'm never happy in them so they serve as a good reminder of how awful my life had become. I actually came on here tonight looking for advice about Valium as my docs prescribed me 2mg for anxiety but I'm worried I'll become dependent on them. I'm trying to be very careful not to go down that road and don't feel the same helpless desperation I lived with when I was drinking.

Anyways sorry this is long and rambly but I guess I wanted to thank everyone who helped me on here! Take care of yourselves xx
Old 05-28-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love success posts!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear from you Kam - and thrilled to hear you're sober

I know nothing about Valium - if you're worried best thing to do is discuss those concerns with your Dr, I think.

D
Old 05-28-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Dee it's great you're still here doing your thing! Hope you're well?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yep, doing fine Kam - thanks!

D