Notices

Working Hard, but need encouragement.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Working Hard, but need encouragement.

Today is day three for me again. I am trying hard to work past this, but I find myself getting hung up on what may have happened (even though I was with my fiancé for most of the night). I am scared and need encouragement. Any warm words are welcome!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Congrats on day 3.

Dwelling on what might have happened is self defeating. If you are going to dwell on something, dwell on all the things you have to be grateful for.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. Please, keep your head up! This is not going to be a fast process for us, but we can and will do it.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. You're right, it certainly isn't easy.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DAy 6 for me. Every time I think of drinking I call my fiancee for encouragement. In the past I would never call anyone and that would lead me to fail. I was to be out of this vicious cycle and get a life back.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm having a mental freak out because I don't remember and there was a period where I was separated from my fiancé. There were security guards all around, so nothing too bad could have happened to me, right? Oh gosh, I hate it when I do this.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have today, AlliH. Today is all yours. Do your best today. Make yourself proud of what you do, TODAY. You will go to bed feeling a lot better about things. And then, tomorrow, when you wake up, try to do it again. That's really all that matters, isn't it?

Good luck. We are pulling for you.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awww, the blackouts. I remember them! We can't change the past, but we should never forget the past either. I'm not much further along then you all, I have made it to 2 months. Forgive yourself, and find help. For me, AA has been a great outlet. Pure strangers understand what you are going through and are willing to share their experiences. I know for myself, if I had not stopped drinking, I would be dead, or nearly dead now.
Give yourself a chance to LIVE life without alcohol. Take care, and congrats on day 3...by the way, it does get better everyday. Stay sober and God bless.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me too. I had a horrible bender on Saturday night (and into Sunday morning) and I shudder to think of it on so many levels, but there is no point in dwelling on it because a) I can't change it, and b) it won't help me. Try to think only in terms of: 'What is going to help me stay sober today?' Beating yourself up or worrying yourself silly isn't going to help, but focusing on the the positives of being sober might. I know it's hard, and the blackouts are terrifying. But be kind to yourself.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations on three days, AlliH; it is not easy, especially at first, but it will get easier and better. One day at a time. Be gentle and patient with yourself.