Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Been over a year since Checking in. Still having Major Problems

Notices

Been over a year since Checking in. Still having Major Problems

Old 06-29-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pauladmits View Post
Because I do not want to make promises that I break and right now I'm leaning heavily towards seeing a doctor but I can't make that promise. That's all it means. I've made enough promises that I've broken. I'm done doing that.
your "logic" is here. But you never answer anyone's questions. When was the last time you had a sober 24 hours with no booze? the last time you helped your father care for your grandmother, contributed to living in your parents house? How much did you drink last night? and the night before? after all you clearly stated that you are not tapering, "all the booze was out of the house, you want it out of your body, you don't want to drink". these are your words, not ours.

no one is killing your character, you post various different veins of your behavior from hiding in bed all day, vomiting, sleeping with a bottle of vodka to removing the booze from your room, to "shrinking your drinking", feeling good and running on the treadmill...then when people call you on it, you get all huffy and chuffy, people are "negative and Debbie Downers", they don't have to read your thread".

You stated that you were going to the doctor at least twice this last month.

You met with the addiction counseling service, were supposedly honest about how much you drank and balked at professional advice, because you are simply "too important" to take time off from work, NO ONE else can do your job....you actually think you are the reason why your company is still in business.

I wholeheartedly agree with post #355, I feel that person was very accurate. You want the attention but aren't changing your mindset to actually stop drinking.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
It has all been said before Paul. It doesn't matter how great a job you have or how much money you earn if you are hiding out in your parents house in your bedroom.These are not the actions of a successful man.

SR is for support and always helps people who relapse .But Paul , you're not relapsing- you're not even trying to give up drinking. I agree with someone who posted last night who said you get far more responses and support than anyone else on SR. You did last time and you're getting it again .Yet you are not even trying to quit. You 'cut down' and exercise but that really means nothing.

until you actually do something and make today your day 1 of NO alcohol and really stop drinking nothing will change.

All the excuses and reasons for you not going to doctor/rehab/detox/telling your parents etc show that you don't really want to quit but just love all the attention you're getting here on SR whilst you continue to pretend and lie to yourself that you are doing something
oops, here it is....I forgot to add this
Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
your "logic" is here. But you never answer anyone's questions. When was the last time you had a sober 24 hours with no booze? the last time you helped your father care for your grandmother, contributed to living in your parents house? How much did you drink last night? and the night before? after all you clearly stated that you are not tapering, "all the booze was out of the house, you want it out of your body, you don't want to drink". these are your words, not ours.

no one is killing your character, you post various different veins of your behavior from hiding in bed all day, vomiting, sleeping with a bottle of vodka to removing the booze from your room, to "shrinking your drinking", feeling good and running on the treadmill...then when people call you on it, you get all huffy and chuffy, people are "negative and Debbie Downers", they don't have to read your thread".

You stated that you were going to the doctor at least twice this last month.

You met with the addiction counseling service, were supposedly honest about how much you drank and balked at professional advice, because you are simply "too important" to take time off from work, NO ONE else can do your job....you actually think you are the reason why your company is still in business.

I wholeheartedly agree with post #355, I feel that person was very accurate. You want the attention but aren't changing your mindset to actually stop drinking.
Well, you are lying about what I said. I never said my company couldn't move on with out me. I said they couldn't use my software with out me and would have to replace me. They pay me decent money for a product, if they can't use that product, they will find a different product. Had nothing to do with me being "so important". Just describing my job and what I'm thinking.

And I don't talk about how much I'm drinking or tapering or what not, because I was told that it could be a trigger for people and talking about drinking defeats the purpose of what I'm doing here and that's to try to stop drinking. If Dee or Anna say I can talk about how much I'm drinking and what not I will gladly answer those questions.

As for what I'm doing helping out my gma or really personal stuff like that, I will let you know when I want you to know. Not sure what that has to do with my recovery, sounds more like you have a personal vendetta against me and just want to make me feel bad.

As for cleaning my room out of alcohol, that was for that ONE night only, as in I was in bed and there was no alcohol in the room, so I was going to be able to sleep with out drinking any more alcohol. That is all.

You are reading way too far in to this. I'm making steps that I feel are beneficial to me and my health. Waking up without serious hangovers, not drinking over a fifth and a half throughout a day, making it through my first weekend with out throwing up, getting an assessment, etc. If this is not enough for you and you find it insulting that I don't do enough for you then just move on. Chalk me up as a lost cause. There are plenty of supportive people here that are happy that I am making changes, even as small as they are. Take your negativity out of here, I'm here for positive support because that's what this site is supposed to be about.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anna and I have discussed this.

If this thread is just going to be back and forth insults, it's serving no one any good.

If you're happy with the way you're progressing Paul I strongly suggest you move your journal to a blog.

If you're still willing to take suggestions - and act on them - then everyone needs to take a chill pill and remember rule 4.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
If the insults continue this thread will close.

Dee
SR
Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Anna and I have discussed this.

If this thread is just going to be back and forth insults, it's serving no one any good.

If you're happy with the way you're progressing Paul I strongly suggest you move your journal to a blog.

If you're still willing to take suggestions - and act on them - then everyone needs to take a chill pill and remember rule 4.

If the insults continue this thread will close.

Dee
SR
Dee, I'm definitely willing to take suggestions. I took the first suggestion and went to get assessed at a rehab center. I'm currently not taking that path and going on to the next which is to see a doctor. This is one thread out of thousands and it definitely helps me focus on getting sobriety. Not looking to moderate or go out drinking if I feel good. I want it out of my system and I never want it back in. I mean look how fast this site works, it's 3:15 on a Sunday, I have not drank anything, just did 50 minutes on the treadmill watching the WC game and feel so much better. Rewind this back when I came, I would drink up to 4 fifths over the course of Fri, Sat, Sun. Morning to night. This feels great but it's not a place I'm happy about being. I will continue trying new things but I'm not trying to insult or start fights with people if I choose not to do something. Feeling very positive not sure why that's a bad thing.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by pauladmits View Post

Thanks! Haven't made it yet, trying to get through the weekend and think it through tomorrow. Gets my anxiety up just thinking about it.
Um, what is there to think about? What good is thinking about it going to do. Just do it. Do it! Action, not words. Progress, not promises. Get it done. No one is going to save your life for you.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread has run its course and is now closed.