Notices

It's working!

Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation It's working!

Well, I've been wondering if the antabuse is doing anything, but obviously in order to find out I would have to drink and there's no way in hell I'm taking that chance! Well, I just found out, by mistake, that it's definitely working. Got home from work, took a shower, and decided to get back into my skin care routine that has fallen by the wayside along with other things that I've done to neglect my health and beauty. Well, apparently my night lotion for my face has alcohol in it, because my face was on fire within minutes of when I put it on. Guess I'm going to have to be more careful about what I use when I'm taking antabuse. I'm OK now, but if a few drops of face lotion does this to me, I definitely don't want to find out what a drink will do! (kind of the whole point of the medication, anyway).
Old 05-26-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Whoa. That is freaky!

Glad you are OK!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I researched the ingredients in my skin care products and found out that they all have some type of alcohol in them. I guess I'll have to find an alternative until I stop taking the antabuse. Stopping the wine is more important than a moisturized face for now. Too bad I have a whole bunch of Mary Kay products I won't be able to use for awhile. I really like the products.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's in hairspray too - and probably many other things we don't even realize. I hope it's going to work out well for you scin.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There are tons of food that will set this off too. Vanilla comes immediately to mind. Be very careful and read every label.