SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Crap! Not again!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/333172-crap-not-again.html)

EJ43 05-25-2014 02:32 PM

Crap! Not again!!!

Another haft haft hard day!!! My AV is setting a new internal decibel level!

ontherightpath 05-25-2014 02:37 PM

I can relate! It's awful! Hang in there and keep posting!

Hawk07 05-25-2014 02:39 PM

What are the little lies it's telling you now?

EJ43 05-25-2014 03:12 PM

Oh it's saying, it's so nice out...how are you going to make it all summer (warm weather is a trigger). Everyone else gets to drink, it's not fair that you don't, what on earth will you do all summer, what will you say....and it continues....not giving in tho!:a043:

Hawk07 05-25-2014 03:29 PM

Good! Because you also have your sober voice battling it telling you the truth. You'll regret it immediately, you'll be right back to where you started and miserable. I've fallen many times to that voice and it tells me similar. 'you can have just one drink like everyone else blah blah blah' then a few days later, a couple six packs, a fifth of vodka, and hey why not throw in some wine too... every time. Have you read "Under the Influence"? I just started reading excerpts in the 'stickys' above the alcoholism forum. It helps me a bit to understand whats going on in my body concerning my cravings and why I CANT DRINK under any circumstances.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

least 05-25-2014 04:09 PM

Talk back to the voice. Ignore it. Do something else. Just don't drink! :)

EJ43 05-25-2014 04:22 PM

I am eating ice cream with my husband and oldest son......ice cream cures a lot of my crap!!!

LadyBlue0527 05-25-2014 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by EJ43 (Post 4672922)
I am eating ice cream with my husband and oldest son......ice cream cures a lot of my crap!!!

Alright, that takes care of it!!!!!!!!

I am laughing SOOOOOOOO hard right now. I read your initial post and I am doing it tonight, treating myself and having ice cream. Not a lot, but some. I have had this insatiable appetite today and although I have managed to definitely eat more than I should have did stay within the limits of what I can have for foods.

Well, you know what, the AV seems to be manifesting itself not as a "nnnnnnnng" craving rather by my uncontrolled behavior with the hungry horrors. It's the same feeling, I just want MORE of something and no food seems to be squelching it.

So one small bowl of ice cream is not going to kill me. It was exactly what I was going to suggest EJ and then I read your last post! :lmao

Oh, and if you're a chocolate lover and want something that's at least halfway healthy try Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds. YUMMO!

Verte 05-25-2014 05:37 PM

EJ - good for you for fighting the AV! My favorite flavor these days is Ben and Jerry's 'Everything but the...". The only thing is that I have eaten quite a bit already and somehow it is losing its luster. Has the AV calmed down not that the sun has set on the East Coast?

LadyBlue - your name and B&J are synonymous in my newbie mind :) Hah! What an association to have. The order of the night is Häagen-Dazs vanilla.

Enjoy the night!

:grouphug:

EJ43 05-25-2014 05:51 PM

I am in bedtime relax mode, av has been put to bed right after
My DQ chocolate cone with a cherry dip!!! Haha! Yes, the sun has set and you know it's a gorgeous NE spring night!!!! My other secret is watermelon duo mints! Ohhhh, the simple pleasure of a trip to DQ, like a big F U to the craving!!! Hahahahaha! Thanks all, I feel so much better and will be a happy camper in the morning when I head off to a busy busy day at work!!!:tyou

charleesavedme 05-25-2014 06:16 PM

Ice cream has definitely become my thing since being sober. I love Ben and Jerry's AmeriCone dream (Stephen Colbert's flavor), but I'm not picky. My kids love that I am always saying "who wants to get ice cream or frozen yogurt." I'm glad you kicked the AV in the you know where!

sugarbear1 05-25-2014 06:49 PM

I read that pistachios help with cravings

LadyBlue0527 05-25-2014 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte (Post 4673020)
EJ - good for you for fighting the AV! My favorite flavor these days is Ben and Jerry's 'Everything but the...". The only thing is that I have eaten quite a bit already and somehow it is losing its luster. Has the AV calmed down not that the sun has set on the East Coast? LadyBlue - your name and B&J are synonymous in my newbie mind :) Hah! What an association to have. The order of the night is Häagen-Dazs vanilla. Enjoy the night! :grouphug:

I am sincerely grateful to be associated with Ben & Jerrys as opposed to what I used to be associated with :)

LadyBlue0527 05-25-2014 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by EJ43 (Post 4673038)
I am in bedtime relax mode, av has been put to bed right after My DQ chocolate cone with a cherry dip!!!

You're killing me EJ! DQ is right down over the hill and now you've given me a reason to go there tomorrow!

biminiblue 05-25-2014 08:03 PM

pffffff, sugarbear. Yeah, I keep trying pistachios. I eat the whole seven servings at one time.

Hi, I'm bim, and I'm an alcoholic.

pcm54 05-26-2014 03:31 AM

Oh, lord, help me! It would take me a 24 hour plane ride to get to the nearest DQ, but , lord, I really could do it after reading all of these posts. Or Ben and Jerrys. That would be heaven....