SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   posting here because I need support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/333025-posting-here-because-i-need-support.html)

LoveMeNow 05-23-2014 10:41 PM

Ugh, I remember that anxious feeling. I am sorry, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. The serenity prayer helped although it usually took about the 10th times.....

readerbaby71 05-23-2014 11:10 PM

He's on his way home. I'll be able to tell what's going on if he's been drinking.

Carlotta 05-23-2014 11:20 PM

If he has, remember not to engage him. Tomorrow will be another day and you don't have to make any decision right now (if I remember well your partner is not violent).

Croissant 05-23-2014 11:29 PM

Sorry to see you've had a rough night, Readerbaby.

Hope it turned out OK. I hope your sister is OK too.

Big Hugs. :Flower:

Carlotta, thanks for that list and link. I've saved it in my iPad. Good reminder to ground ourselves when feeling anxious! Thank you!

readerbaby71 05-24-2014 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Carlotta (Post 4670055)
If he has, remember not to engage him. Tomorrow will be another day and you don't have to make any decision right now (if I remember well your partner is not violent).

Thanks, Carlotta. He is not violent at all. If anything he's a very passive person. He rarely ever raises his voice (except at the dogs, haha)

He claims he had the ringer off on his phone and didn't hear anything. He did not seem like he'd been drinking but I'm skeptical. I am a little miffed because he knows how much it upsets me and he's pretty conscientious about keeping in touch if he's going to be late. He also said, "what used to happen is never going to happen again." Maybe I overreacted (he didn't say that) but it is such a trigger for me!

We didn't talk much as we were both tired. I was almost asleep before my head hit the pillow. We'll talk today after I finish my coffee. I'm taking off to go camping with my good friend and her family so it will be nice to get away.

Thank you all SO MUCH for helping me get through it last night. It's blessing to have such wonderful friends.

:ring

Dee, if you'd prefer to move this to F&F I don't mind. Thanks for all you do!

readerbaby71 05-24-2014 08:18 AM

We talked and he apologized profusely. He was really caught up in painting and didn't realize the time. He said he will be better about letting me know if he's going to be late. We agreed that if he won't be home by 11 he will call or text. He didn't drink. I believe him. I'd be able to tell if he did (being a drunk myself). Anyway, I'm glad to put that meltdown behind me and am ready to enjoy the weekend.

I hope all of my US friends have a safe and happy holiday. Again, thanks so much for your kind words of support. They mean so much. :tyou

Stoogy 05-24-2014 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by readerbaby71 (Post 4670610)
We talked and he apologized profusely. He was really caught up in painting and didn't realize the time. He said he will be better about letting me know if he's going to be late. We agreed that if he won't be home by 11 he will call or text. He didn't drink. I believe him. I'd be able to tell if he did (being a drunk myself). Anyway, I'm glad to put that meltdown behind me and am ready to enjoy the weekend.

I hope all of my US friends have a safe and happy holiday. Again, thanks so much for your kind words of support. They mean so much. :tyou

Hi ReaderBaby, glad everything turned out alright for you both.

Have a great weekend.

SoberLeigh 05-24-2014 08:30 AM

Caught this post late, readerbaby; glad everything turned out okay.

WanderingBear 05-24-2014 10:40 AM

I'm glad it all worked out for you. One thing I've realized in life is that when I jump to conclusions I am usually wrong.

Dee74 05-24-2014 04:20 PM

Glad it turned out ok Reader :)

D