Notices

Amazed how much my friend group drinks

Old 05-23-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amazed how much my friend group drinks

As a approach 90 days, I am both happy and sad. I'm happy that I realize I can lead a great life without drinking. Somehow, I don't miss it. I know there will be countless periods where I will be tested, but I am ready.
I am sad as I don't think I will have the same relationship with a high percentage of my friends. After being the D. Driver the other night, I couldn't believe how bad off the group was. Worse, I used to be one of the leaders!
I had to vent, sorry for not offering something more constructive.
Have a great long weekend to everyone & more importantly- take note why this is a long weekend!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of my friends were heavy drinkers too. It's natural I think to gravitate to a social group where we fit in.

Some of the guys supported me, a lot didn't - but I made new friends and reconnected with old ones.

Looking back now, I don't feel like I lost out on the deal, jkirk

D
Old 05-23-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You don't have to apologize for not posting anything constructive. Every post is constructive because it gets people to think.

I used to think I had a lot of friends. We had great times together. They were all bar buddies. I didn't get sober when I was around them, I moved away. No one made an effort to keep in touch. It was a sad realization that out of sight, out of mind. I don't know whether this is your situation. I've kept some friends and those are the friendships I cherish most. None of them drink much. And they don't drink around me which I appreciate.

Vent away and have a great weekend!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's no loss to lose 'drinking buddies' as there's not much of a relationship there.