Notices

New and 4 days of sobriety

Old 05-23-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and 4 days of sobriety

Hello to Everyone, I'm a stay at home mom of five and I have been drinking every day for the last four years. I stopped after Sunday night because it's hurting me and will eventually kill me. I will be entering treatment sometime next week. Just waiting on the insurance:/ Each morning that comes I'm grateful that I have made another day. It's around 3pm where the struggle comes till about 9 at night. The week end is here and so I feel nervous about that. My husband is so supportive so I feel very blessed. My body is still trying to figure out what the hell is going on as I'm so cold and body aches and now I'm having headaches. I am a runner but I don't have much energy. Can anyone tell me how long before I will feel better in my body? Just wondering what other people experienced in their detox. Thanks so much......J
Old 05-23-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am also a mom, but have three kids and I work out of the house. I am a runner as well and hoping that I can lean on my exercise more to get me going again on sobriety.
Glad to see you are seeking treatment, I am not able, or more honestly, not going to go that route but I think its a wonderful and safe way to get help!!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Standing~4~My~5 and Congratulations on 4 days!

When I stopped drinking, I felt a bit better after the first week as far as body aches etc. I'm sure everyone's different but that was my experience.

I'm so happy to hear you have a supportive husband and wish you the best in treatment.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Standing welcome to sr, I had sleeplessness aches and pains when I first stopped drinking, it takes time for your body to adjust and everyone is different.

It's great your getting professional help.

It was worse time for me when I came home from work that's when I used to hit the bottle, I had to change my routine even to not watching some tv that I used to watch, which were triggers for me, not that I needed much encouragement. When I was at home a glass wasn't far from my hand.

The cravings and pains do pass, congratulations on your days sober x
Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your partner's support is so very important
in your recovery. Not that you require it for
continued sobriety, but it makes the road
one heck of a lot smoother.

We are so fortunate in having supportive
partners.

My wife will not drink in my presence,
a matter of fact, she has quit.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for responding
Old 05-25-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Speaking personally, for me the first few weeks out of rehab were the pits. It would have been easy to go out again. I said to myself "I'll pick up and then try sobriety again some other time," but somehow I didn't. Meetings, prayer and a lot of self-examination worked in my favor, thanks to .... who or whatever is up there. Also I couldn't bear to torture my family any further after they had put up with all my b.s. for so long. Things slowly got better after that and then better by the day. 58 days today. Detox, rehab and meetings saved me from what I believe could have been a fate worse than death. Have faith, it gets better.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

..... Plus you are very blessed to have a supportive husband. My wife is also a pillar of love and support. Were it not for her I would almost certainly be out there killing myself or already be dead. I came scarily close, very very close. Please remember, there are untold people here on your side and rooting hard for you.