SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/332939-new.html)

bp09 05-22-2014 08:37 PM

New

Just joined. Figuring this out. Struggle with the alcohol habit nightly for years and need some accountability to stop.

Dee74 05-22-2014 08:38 PM

Welcome bp09. This is a great place for support and help :)

D

LBrain 05-22-2014 08:40 PM

hi bp09, you'll find lots of good people and support here. welcome aboard.
what have you done so far to kick this thing in the head?
check in with the sober weekend group if you want some accountability this weekend.
Stay on your toes.

bp09 05-22-2014 08:45 PM

Thanks guys. I am interested in accountability this weekend. A bit tentative as this habit has been for quite a long time. Not an all day thing but every evening. Tired of the shame and feeling like crap. Sometimes feel like I'll never be able to stop the cycle but I really need to.

GwenCummings 05-22-2014 08:58 PM

Hi BP09. I have 30 plus years of evening drinking behind me and all you need to do this is a strong enough intention. You'll need a plan as well but it is achievable. Believe in a future without the constant worry about how much you are drinking.

bp09 05-22-2014 09:21 PM

Thank you so much Gwen. This is really good for me. I have gotten into the zone of thinking I am the only one out there that has this problem. It is so good to hear from others that struggle with this junk!

thekl0wn 05-22-2014 09:41 PM

Welcome! So far, pretty much everyone I know in recovery has had a case of "terminal uniqueness", myself included. I can only speak for myself, but that "unique" feeling that I'm the only one who's ever felt this way is just my good ol' alcoholic brain trying to edge me away from the good life again.

Good luck! Great group of people here. I did a lot of reading here when I was first starting to sober up, and it REALLY helped!

Verte 05-22-2014 09:56 PM

Welcome bp09,

This is great group here.

I'm sorting through little by little and each day is different. Definitely can say that having a clear head is a decision moving in the right direction.

Keep reading and posting. It really helps with the process. You do not have to do it alone.

:grouphug:

Findingtheway 05-22-2014 10:03 PM

Greetings bp09,

Please read through the forums...and ask questions! The folks here are excellent and friendly. I personally know all about the evening drinking habit...

My friend we don't have to live like that anymore. We are all here to help.

If You help keep me accountable i'll do the same for you. Deal? :)

Welcome aboard.

hayley86 05-22-2014 10:12 PM

Welcome bp09, SR is a great place for support. Glad you have joined us. :)

MariahGayle 05-22-2014 10:15 PM

Glad you are here BP - This site has been a HUGE support to me....We are all in the same boat here. I am here in Oregon too:)

bp09 05-22-2014 10:19 PM

Wow. Thank you all so much. Really didn't know what to expect. Headed for a weekend away from the 'triggers'. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the much needed support

Try18 05-22-2014 10:23 PM

Welcome bp09. Hope you have a peaceful and sober weekend away :)

Skotyb 05-22-2014 10:36 PM

Welcome to SR
This site will blow your mind!!
We are not alone and everything your going
To go through hundreds of people here have
Already gone through it, and they will give you
The good the bad and the sometimes ugly!!
But it's all with their best intention and with your
Sobriety in mind !!

These people are lifesavers, dream makers
Alcoholic slayers!! Lol I had too

So read as much as you can and ask any questions you need
And if the AV ( alcoholic voice ) is trying to call you back
Let us know and we'll help u kick its a** face:)

Have a great weekend
I've been here since day 3
It's now day 20
Couldn't of done it without this site and the people here!!

Skotyb 05-22-2014 10:38 PM

I did it again

Sorry;)

bp09 05-22-2014 10:40 PM

Day 20 has to feel amazing! Congrats! I will be there I promise! Thanks again all!

thekl0wn 05-22-2014 11:06 PM

Just like eating an elephant... One bite at a time, lengths of sobriety come one day at a time. It sounded dumb to me at first, but it makes more sense now. I'm not worrying about tomorrow or the next day. I'm focusing on today, living in the moment, staying sober at the present time, and trying to help where help is needed. Good luck with it!

PS - LOVE the FZ1! I imagine in OR, you have some beautiful country to ride in!

least 05-23-2014 06:37 AM

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here. :)