Notices

memorial day weekend

Old 05-22-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

memorial day weekend

So.....tomorrow is the Friday that begins memorial day weekend. .....plain old Fridays are difficult after a long work week. Memorial day weekend was always a big party weekend. So tomorrow is a double whammy. I thought I might pick up a big Mac on the way home from work. That would ward off cravings. Then I think I'm substituting one addiction for another. I could plan to barbecue a steak or something, but I may have cravings waiting for food to cook. So I think I'll go with the big mac....the lesser of 2 evils. I think the key to warding off cravings is planning...since I have no better plan, big mac it is.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Remember the special Memorial Day weekend thread for extra support too happyandfree

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ay-2014-a.html
Old 05-22-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ah, I used to be the same way, big weekend got to get to the bars and get plastered. I can honestly say I'm glad that I don't have to join that race anymore. Now I can have plenty of plans for a three day weekend and actually get something done, chores and fun things. Back in active drinking days, I was planning all these things I was going to do on big weekend, what happened most of the time? Well, lets just say, most of it got spent in the bed with a hangover with the occasional run to the bathroom to puke. Thank God I don't have that problem anymore.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

True - memorial day weekend without a hangover will be wonderful.
Thanks dee. I forgot about that thread.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes good old Memorial Day weekend and also a 3 day weekend here in the UK. Long weekends were always a huge trigger for me and especially the one that kicks off summer. I normally would have kicked off the festivities on Thursday evening and carried on right thru Monday and then feeling like a zombie when Tuesday morning rolled around. There will be lots of triggers this weekend, but we all need to stay strong, resist the urges to drink and just sit back and enjoy this weekend sober.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

I have to admit... Memorial Day weekend will be a big party weekend for me this year. Bonfire on Saturday and then a Poker Run and Hog Roast on Sunday.

Granted, the bonfire will have a meeting and everyone in attendance for both the hog roast and poker run are in AA.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Learning to live and have fun without alcohol. It is possible. ...and so much more real. No more spending the day in bed with a hangover. Thank goodness.