Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Our collective will to prevail! Weekender thread Memorial Day 2014

Notices

Our collective will to prevail! Weekender thread Memorial Day 2014

Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
pray for strength

I would but 'someone', not naming names, borrowed it and has not returned it yet.

Briiing, Briiing.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
FZ1

I'm in. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey diddley ho weekend-a-rooneys ,

Nice to have so many people along for the sober cruise through to next week ,

Hey bp09 5 posts … Welcome to SR

Hey all ,
This weekend i've got nothing much to do and i have no plans for bank holiday monday here in the UK … I have lots of entertainment at my fingertips though , musical instruments , the internet , books , TV .
It looks like the weather in part might be nice ( had thunder storms yesterday) so i might go out . I'm mostly looking forwards to catching up on my sleep .

I hope everyone here takes it easy , remember you can always take a rain cheque on the party , barbecue .. plenty of time to do that kind of thing once you've built strong sober armour/ muscles .

sober and early to bed , sober and early to rise, makes you healthy, wealthy and wise .

*ring ring* m
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 6 here.. I haven't seen a Day 6 in a long long time. I am already feeling tense about this weekend, but I know I can do it! It's hard not to sit here and feel sorry for myself though. Why can everybody else BBQ and have some drinks, but poor me just can't moderate? LOL then I tell myself to get the heck over it, it is what it is. I am really looking forward to spending the weekend with my beautiful children and not being hungover and irritable in the mornings. My husband will appreciate that, too Thinking of all of you.. We got this!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Friday night so I'm checking in with all the sober weekenders. Even 15 months into sobriety I'm feeling AV's presence lately so I'll be sticking close and making myself accountable to you good people.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Woo hoo newcomers! Good to see you join in! Some even your first sober weekend. Break the ice, shall I say, this weekend. Once you have a taste of a sober Saturday and Sunday morning free from the spell of alcohol you will have a taste of freedom!

Mecanix rings his bells of freedom for his sobriety if you notice his post!

*Ring Ring*

Up early as usual. House guest so making eggs and ... Wait for it.... Sausage! Aaaaa.

The off to walk the back cover 3.5 miles around the water. Love that track.

Check in often.

Oh yes! The pics are awesome!
Old 05-23-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sobrietists!

Welcome bp09! I always found staying busy helped a lot in early sobriety. Keep that mind working on something besides dwelling on the bottle!

Half a day at work today. Back is feeling better. Just need to get past the nicotine jonesing.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I'm in for a long weekend! I have a month behind me (not long, but long enough) but the AV reared its head yesterday about the holiday. I smashed it and will stay close to SR if necessary. This thread is great - thank Weasel!

I have dinner plans with a good friend (knows I'm not drinking and totally supportive) and then one of my oldest friends is coming into town for a meeting on Monday so I'll get to see her too. She also knows I've stopped drinking so it will be fine and will be great to see her.

Sunday morning I think I'll take some time for myself and take a long walk with my dog, Charlee. (see avatar) He's the best and nothing rejuvenates me more than to take a quiet early morning walk with him.

My best to everyone here!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm in! Going to a BBQ on Monday and bringing my nephew who now has more than 30 days sober and his NA keychain! So proud of him!

This is a monumental weekend for me because it was the final proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Tuesday is one year for me.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So good to see you ladyblue! Congrats to you and your nephew!

Non... Your back got better and mine got worse. I have a separation right at my tailbone and spine and boy oh boy I feel it like nothing else today. But that won't stop progress.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

So much to say - ring-ring or is it Briiing-briiing?

SUID - I was looking at some fishing forums and there was talk of the storm down your way. Sounded pretty bad. It took a few hours for all the hail to melt here.

Well, I'm up early - no wait, I didn't go to sleep yet. I pulled an all nighter. Already did some cleaning in kitchen and a ton of other stuff to do - grilling a NY strip tonight, I packed the wife a lunch and made coffee to send her out the door. Feels good her going to work and me just hanging out for a change. Was gonna play golf - but no sleep bad idea. Glad yous guys like the pics.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 6 here. I'm going to make this pic my phone background and whip it out for a good stare if my AV speaks up.

Praying everyone has a sober, fun long weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (20.5 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Applekat; 05-23-2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Adding sentence
Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

LBrain, No sleep? I feel like I got no sleep but I did. Trying to wake up. Hubby apparently went to six a.m. Meeting. The same one I used to attend.

I was doing some random internet search and Longwood Gardens popped up and I thought "hey, that was mentioned on this thread last week" so I looked. It looks beautiful. The places we can travel to by learning of them on here.

I hope the hail damage is all covered by insurance. We had some hail but I didn't see any damage and my garden is still not planted so no plants to crush. I'm hoping to rectify that this weekend. One thing more to add to my long, long list.

Typing trying to wake up. I hear the patter of tiny feet so my daughter is awake meaning the peace and quiet is about to be broken. Time to get scrambling and not the eggs Non is making. Until later!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I think I am being recruited. A financial planning firm is looking to expand in the region and I have been invited to a lunch with the founder/owner. He wants to meet with "recently retired military who have an interest in financial planning, but who have decided not to pursue a second career in the field".

I can't imagine he'd offer me enough money to make it worth my while to give up my current job, but it's fun to think about. The money, not the work. That firm targets the country club type, and (as Austin Powers would say) that's not my bag, baby. Still, it's nice to be invited. Free lunch!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

who dat?

LeTheVerte-tricycle.jpg
Old 05-23-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Brain you crack me up!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Afternoon all, not sure how you do it Brain, I had a solid 7 hours and am on my 3rd coffee of the day to keep me going!!

Anyways, I clock off in a few hours time, but I then need to navigate myself to the airport to go visit my sister, there's something about the words "holiday weekend", "Friday rush hour" and "airports" that are enough to strike fear into any man, it's gonna be chaos on the roads!!

Airports aren't my cup of tea either, which is why I always used to head to the bar, time always seems to pass quicker when you're on your 2nd pint, but not anymore, newspaper, my ipod and a wander around all the perfume shops is my new routine, never realised how many companies sell fancy smelling liquids in glass bottles, I was usually only checking out those that I could drink!!

But it should be a good weekend, catching up with my sister and her fiancé, getting all the wedding details, though it's not like she doesn't call me every few days anyways worrying about something or other, so I'm pretty well clued in on everything, nonetheless great to get a catch up with her fiancé before welcoming him into the family!!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
nmd

non- good job on kicking the cigars. I used to enjoy an occasional cigar, but decided to stop entirely when my girlfriend quit smoking. It was a huge trigger for her. I also found myself obsessing about the next time I could go to the smoke shop and try out a new cigar, and one addiction is bad enough.

Just a few hours at work, and then three day weekend, wahoo! We're finally hitting the 70s so taking the tomatoes outside to harden off, and I'll probably make a trip to the local greenhouses and spend too much money on flowers for the yard. Open the pool, weed the garden..... yeah, well I might finish half of what I have planned, but it will be fun, lol.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I wish I were this...but I'm running out the door to work instead.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to a sober holiday, for sure. I've been working on writing and recording some music to accompany a batch of poems I wrote during the first few weeks of sobriety. Most of them were written late at night while fighting the insomnia. It feels really good to compose music and words that capture this time of my life. So that's what I'm working on, and I'm a bit obsessed with it.

Stay sober friends
-malcolm