SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stuck (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/332800-stuck.html)

Goldcoastgirl 05-21-2014 03:34 PM

Stuck

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while because very unhappy with myself and my apparent complacency and excuses. A good friend suggested I post here again (they will know who they are) and that is what I am doing.

I don't want to keep saying the same things over and over. I am tired of hearing myself. I just got an email from an old friend telling me she has stage 4 breast cancer and it has spread to her spine. This kind of puts things into perspective. What am I waiting for? So stuck.

least 05-21-2014 03:36 PM

I hope you'll stop waiting and start some action to improve your life. :hug:

Anna 05-21-2014 03:38 PM

I hope you make the decision to start on your sobriety.

Hevyn 05-21-2014 03:40 PM

Goldcoast - It's great to see you. :hug: Many of us have had those feelings. The most important thing is you haven't given up trying for a better life. I hope you'll keep posting.

Dee74 05-21-2014 03:48 PM

Hi GCG - welcome back!
for me the key was to do something different.

Maybe you need more support? Maybe you need to make lifestyle changes, or changes in the way you deal with things?

If you have problems with anxiety or depression it's really important you speak with your Dr and/or counsellor.

The end result needs to be - no reason is good enough to drink. end of.

You can do this :)

D

WanderingBear 05-21-2014 03:55 PM

Sometimes it's hard to know what works for the individual. For myself, one horrible hangover after a night of excessive drinking was what it took for me to quit for good. For others it's jail/court mandated. Some need to get bad news from the doctor. Others will never quit. I think it just comes down to something in your mind which tells you it's time. Good luck.

new star 05-21-2014 04:38 PM

Hi GCG, fellow classmate :) was actually wondering how you were going. I'm sorry to hear of your friend :( I remember how strong willed you were and I believe you have a lot of fight in you!!! Keep posting :)

P.s there's a lot of support in the mums group, feel free to head over

Kris47 05-21-2014 05:31 PM

GCG,

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

You need a leap of faith to get you started back again.

Walk with us, you CAN do it.

gleefan 05-21-2014 05:54 PM

GCG, You can do this!!

Odelle 05-21-2014 06:52 PM

You can do this GCG, just jump in and give it everything you've got. We all know how difficult it is in the beginning, but the momentum builds as sobriety days increase. Yes, you will be challenged, but nothing worth having comes easily. Take a leap of faith and leave the past behind while you build the future you know you want.

Kris47 05-22-2014 06:05 AM

GCG,

Are you in for the next 24 hours Friend?

I'm here with ya.