Notices

The Stone.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I basically fester in a room, drinking unfathomable amounts of crap.
I started from exactly that position Jim.

All you need to know to begin is you can't do this anymore and anything else has to be better.

D
Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Jim,

I was just thinking about you today. Really sorry to hear how much you are struggling atm.

I know you want help I really do. But you gotta reach out man. The NHS in your area will undoubtedly have a local alcohol team. They can get you in to detox and then rehab free of charge. (I almost ended up there myself).

It's not too late to turn this around mate. You have a fantastic writing ability, I can only imagine what your writing would be like without this monkey in your back.

Take care JJ. Feel free to PM me anytime
Old 05-19-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jim I'm glad you are posting. I know and you know that you are trying to climb out and you can. I'm not going to try to tell you how great your life is because, at the moment, I know and you know it's not, but we also both know it's entirely possible to make it better. You're full of possible and I still believe in you.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

jim, you have reached out here, must be for a reason?

Me I still write when I have been drinking, we are all fighting the same.

Not asking u to be sober to be here, just carry on talking. You seem to have a lot of thoughts on what is happening and why maybe its causing u to feel isolated.

Me im the same and im going through rough time with my daughter. Not meaning to change or think im feeling sry, but you need to look into what is happening and if u know, is you try make changes.

Those changes will take time and be very hard but a lot of us have been through a lot and u found us, not us u. So means your here for wanting to share and be helped.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jim, I relate to you a lot with my past. I did what you do: locked myself in a room, drank copious amounts of liquor (started with wine but it was mostly vodka in the end), and wrote... Wrote about my insanity and the darkness that was my existence at the time. Wish I had posted my writings on a recovery website, but instead I sent them to another active alcoholic with lots of issues...he loved reading it, used to say it was like reading some of the best surreal psychological horror, I think he was addicted to my emails also. So no encouragement to change the madness at all.

You are in a good position posting your thoughts on SR, don't stop and try to reflect on the responses.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're in a bad way JimJim. I can relate to feelings of worthlessness and despair looking at the bottom of yet another bottle. You sound highly intelligent and you're phenomenal writer especially having that many bottles of wine weighing you down. You truly have a gift. Don't waste it. I think you have many beautiful flowers in your garden but you need to pick the weeds out to let the beauty underneath show.

“You can't keep the birds of sadness from flying over your head, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair.”

Please get out of this muck you're in. You always have a choice.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Get that nest out of your hair. One good wack should get them moving along. (start at a free detox) ? I know it's already been suggested..
Old 05-19-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you Jim. I hope you will let yourself rise up out of the misery & begin again.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey JimJim

I don't know what to say, except just stop drinking for right now.

Get yourself out of that room, hop a train or bus somewhere nice (park, coast) and walk. And breathe. Just remember to breathe. That's enough for now.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Your sober life is waiting for you Jim. It's within your grasp...but you've gotta take that first step yourself.

Here for you x
Old 05-19-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Jim ,
i live in my mums spare room , i work with sewage for a living .

Drink was responsible for me and my life feeling hopeless and horrible .
People like Dee , robby and my mate Rob gave me the idea sobriety would be better , It's a leap of faith , but life is only given to you one day at a time for a reason ( it's more manageable that way ) you just have to get through .

Honestly m8 the pay off is worth it ,

Cheers , m