Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Not addiction related per se: but a stressor nonetheless- ADVICE?

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So my 22 year old son does not like the father of my younger children- they argue all the time. He is home (the son) for the last summer before college graduation and they had a bad argument. REAL BAD. Now neither is violent BUT my son is implying my lover "could be" to the aunt he is now staying with. Younger kids are upset bigger brother isnt home, I am sickened that auntie poo is spreading rumours that we are in a violent household (He has never even spanked any child even once- the thought is crazy). I'm sitting here thinking "why the hell am I not DRUNK?". I welcome ANY advice- even if I don't like it
Old 05-19-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't drink. Seek help from other family if you can.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ohhhh goooooodness!!! Nothing like family to make drama and hurt people. My advice, politely tell her to mind her business, tell your son the stress he's causing his younger siblings and that it will stick with them longer than it will stick with him, and tell your man and your son they need to act like grown men and get over it...they only have a few more months before they'll be away from each other.

And in a few months, it'll all pass, by this time next year, it'll be a memory hopefully.

And you're not drunk because being drunk sucks more than this, right?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much. I just needed to vent and the advice was very wecome and makes perfect sense! Thanks and HUGS!