Notices

The Tree Of Drunk. (( An ode (not really) to being a drunk))

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I dunno if it's such a good idea to be be posting when i'm drinking, man. I have evolved into an incredible monster with this booze. I am not Jim, the person, it really is something else.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
I dunno if it's such a good idea to be be posting when i'm drinking, man. I have evolved into an incredible monster with this booze. I am not Jim, the person, it really is something else.
None of us are that person we want to be when we are drinking. I turned into someone loud and aggressive and unkind. I hated myself. I was a disgusting drunk.

Sober I'm quiet and reflective. I try to be kind to others and I don't like crowds of people. I'm easy in my own company. Polar opposites really.

Posting when you are drinking is better than not posting at all, it keeps you in the game. But it also distorts your thinking, so bear that in mind when you read things that upset you. Everybody here cares Jim, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to help.

Maybe you could post a bit earlier in the day, before you start drinking, or before it gets a grip on you?

Above all Jim, you've got to start believing that this really is possible for you. You've got to really want it, and you've got to believe that others have been in the place you are in now and broken free. I know people who have lived on the streets and lost everything they own, who have been admitted to psychiatric wards and had seizures, who are living happy alcohol free lives now. I can put you in touch with these people Jim.

Are you ready to quit?