Notices

That voice

Old 05-17-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That voice

"One glass tonight won't hurt"

Ugh, it will because it's never a glass. I didn't buy any wine today - bought an alcohol free "wine" that I remembered having the Christmas I was pregnant. I've also got juices/sparkling water to make a (non alcoholic) cocktail should I feel the need later.

3:14pm on day two. Feeling better after a facial and haircut. Just need to stay strong through Saturday night and make it until my appointment. I know the way my mind works - if they give me meds for detox (which is likely) I won't drink. My anxiety won't let me. Even over the last few months I've not had any when I've taken a diazepam as, even though unlikely, the combination could be fatal. That scares me more powerfully than the voice urging me to have one. That voice has been with me far longer than the AV. The AV is trying to tell me tonight could be my last glass of wine because of upcoming detox, that's the one I'm fighting against mostly over the past hour. I'm going to go out for a drive - no alcohol since Thursday night at 9/10pm and no diazepam today. It will get my mind off it (haven't driven for months).

Just get through tonight sober, tomorrow is another day.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, just need to make it till bedtime and you'll be on the way to Day 3!!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing well! Keep going!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes 1 glass sometimes not hurt. But im alcolic and after give up always start again with only 1 glass, next day 1 bottle so its simple for me. Drink or not. Ill give up this friday for ever.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yep... one glass leads to another....

hang tough - one's never enough.

you can do this!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

It wouldn't be one glass. I'd get halfway through and then I would end up 'topping up'. Before I know it the bottle would be gone and I'd be waking up having no idea how I got to bed/whether I passed out on the sofa/who the heck I'd called. It's not worth it, I keep saying that to myself.

Bit tough in hairdressers today - they were talking about their Saturday night out planned. Anyone from round here knows that highly likely means a lot of drinking. I remember being like that years ago, not so anymore.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, it's never just one glass is it? I remember one time I polished off an entire bottle of wine in about 15 minutes.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
Yeah, it's never just one glass is it? I remember one time I polished off an entire bottle of wine in about 15 minutes.
Yup, never savour the wine just down it. What's the point? I don't enjoy it, it makes me feel like pants, I do stupid things. All because of that 'one' glass.

Still, the urge is there. I will go out in a little bit. I think I need to be on here so I don't go and buy a bottle while out driving
Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The thought crosses my mind every time I leave my house. Every time I pass a shop. Its almost like it's calling to me. >
Old 05-17-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
The thought crosses my mind every time I leave my house. Every time I pass a shop. Its almost like it's calling to me. >
Sometimes stayin middle of street for minutes, go to dhop or not buy or not
Old 05-17-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is like it calls you.

I was in the supermarket earlier and the non-alcoholic wine was in the same section. I ended up leaving and going to waitrose because their wine is so much more expensive I wouldn't be tempted. Left with fruit juice and alcohol free 'wine'. That's as crazy as I want my Saturdays to be at the moment (know how easily I could slip though, that's why I've given hubby all my money so when I'm alone I physically cannot buy wine).
Old 05-17-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes 1 glass sometimes not hurt.
1 glass always hurts. It starts the madness.

D
Old 05-17-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Stay strong,don't give in to the cravings. Fight hard,,you know whats right.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

I almost broke and bought a bottle but it's now gone. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol so I'm into day three. Tough but I'm trying to stay stronger than that voice.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going needinghelp

D