Notices

sober saturday

Old 05-17-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober saturday

Woke up today feeling awesome sauce no hangover on a saturday....weird...but awesome. Did my meeting last night with u great peeps and got my local aa meeting monday i know i have some work ahead of me but im gonna try to remember how this feels. Ty guys
Old 05-17-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Saturday nights wery good for playing computer games than go out i think. For me.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by falseemperor View Post
Saturday nights wery good for playing computer games than go out i think. For me.
This. I catch up on reading, iron, browse the web.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by christimc View Post
Woke up today feeling awesome sauce no hangover on a saturday....weird...but awesome. Did my meeting last night with u great peeps and got my local aa meeting monday i know i have some work ahead of me but im gonna try to remember how this feels. Ty guys
Feels good doesn't it? Saturday mornings used to be hell for me too, didn't start feeling human till around lunchtime and then the bars opened and you know the rest...

Well have a great weekend Christimc.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can agree...n yes its good u have a good one too hun!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Feels great doesn't it!! NO regrets, guilty feeling, nor checking my phone for my drunk dialing techniques!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news christimc.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It sure is nice to wake up sober, but sometimes I have to remind myself that it's better to wake up sober than hungover, the power of alcohol is amazing.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's awesome christimc, waking up and being awake at the same time. It gets better and better the longer you do this. Glad for you!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ty guys
Old 05-17-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good job!!! Like they say, you never wake up in the morning wishing that you had drunk the night before. In the beginning of my sobriety, if I had to go to bed at 7 pm to get past my cravings that is what I did. I am now almost 8 months sober and cravings are rare. It does get better!!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That really is the truth. Has anyone ever gotten up Saturday morning and thought, gee... I sure am glad I got drunk? Or wow... I'm so glad I'm foggy and sick! I sure will get a lot done today!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sober Saturdays are great, aren't they? I was up by 7am and had a relaxing hour watching TV, sipping coffee and being online. Now we're getting ready to head out to the airport to sit at the end of the runway and plane spot while the jumbo jets make their morning arrivals from Asia. It feels so awesome to not be laying in bed nursing a hangover wasting half a day hoping to sleep off the worst of it.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good to read these positive comments! I was just thinking a drink on the sunny deck would be great, glad I came here first. I like the reminders of the good feeling that come enjoying the sun with a glass of water.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DeneigeG

First Saturday sober in about 9 years, it felt great this morning waking up full of energy, I am spending it at work however I feel great, looking forward to my journey that has only begun
Old 05-17-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lunachild View Post
Feels great doesn't it!! NO regrets, guilty feeling, nor checking my phone for my drunk dialing techniques!
This!!!! Isn't life great without drunk dialing/texting
Old 05-17-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeneigeG View Post
First Saturday sober in about 9 years, it felt great this morning waking up full of energy, I am spending it at work however I feel great, looking forward to my journey that has only begun
Me too!at work but its not so bad when your aren't fighting a hangover...mine usually lasted all day and then 6 would roll around and rinse and repeat...not anymore im ready for this new chapter.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Badger4 View Post
Good to read these positive comments! I was just thinking a drink on the sunny deck would be great, glad I came here first. I like the reminders of the good feeling that come enjoying the sun with a glass of water.
I didn't realize that there was such a thing as Saturday or Sunday mornings since I was a child and until after I quit drinking. The hangovers were gruesome.

Badger, here's what used to help me when the weather was nice. I know that drink on the sunny deck sounds great but is that really what it is? One, nice drink? Where does it go from there? I used to think about that and realize that I would be ruining the entire rest of the day and would be paying harshly for it the next morning. So not worth it. Glad that you checked in