Far, far away from recovery.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Talk to us JimJim.

D
Old 05-16-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Don't delete - keep coming back. We want to hear from you.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jim what Dee said -- talk to us. If you drop by then go away you are doing what you've always done, the only way things will change is if you change what you are doing. Why not drop in every day and post. Maybe that seems too tiny to matter but it's a change and it will matter. One step at a time.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Jim what Dee said -- talk to us. If you drop by then go away you are doing what you've always done, the only way things will change is if you change what you are doing. Why not drop in every day and post. Maybe that seems too tiny to matter but it's a change and it will matter. One step at a time.
This is true Jim. Why not start your own thread and post every day, no matter how you're feeling? I've seen this work so well for people. Don't delete posts, just say it how you feel it. You say you cherish the responses you get...well I can see lots of people here who are reaching out to you and want to help. I don't think you realise how many people here you have helped in the past.

Many of us practically camped out on SR in the beginning. Many of us were drinking when we first posted. Many of us have gone onto achieve solid sobriety.

Go for it Jim. If you didn't want to be sober you wouldn't be here at all. It's your addiction telling you that you are far away from recovery. Actually you're just a step away xxx
Old 05-17-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

muster up all your will and make a leap into the light from deep down in your seedy soul...

Your poetic expression will take on a whole new glory over here in the sunshine.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey JimJim - we're here.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Jim,

Your thread(s) remind me of the image I had on my laptop as background for years in the past. People kept asking what the *** that was? I kept it there because I thought it represented some of my self concept at the time. I think the tree Weasel posted is much nicer but here is my old one for you to see anyway. I do not relate to the image much anymore.

Also, given that you like this artsy, poetic self-expression... do you know a movie called "The fountain"?
Was one of my favorites for years, I could not watch it enough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuxryJ6pv8

You've received lots of good suggestions on your threads... think about them.

Last edited by Aellyce; 06-13-2021 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Jim Jim, another Marcher here. I've not been as successful as most of the others, but I do keep returning. It's great to see you back and you write so well, you have a lot to offer. Do please come back in and join the thread you started. I'm sure, with the help of the other Marchers enough strength can be mustered out there to put us on the sobriety path. Look at how many people you helped to find that path by starting that thread, now it's your time to walk the path of those Marcher feet, i'd love another sobriety mate if you'll have me?