Notices

Day 1.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

You could ask your Dr, or you could make your own choice through a database like this one from SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration):
Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

Simply click on your state, give your general location then hit 'select services' to refine your results according to your needs.

You could also just call the SAMHSA help line:

D
Old 05-16-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey BigC, sorry to hear a bout your struggle. There a some good facilities around the Philly area. Don't know if you're north or South. One thing that many or most of them do is to get you through detox, spend a week or two getting the ground work then ship you off to Florida. It sounds like that may be up your alley. A good facility will match you to the type of long term rehab that fits your needs. Just make sure they have a pool. The West Palm Beach area is so full of rehabs. There are hundreds of meeting all through the area. It would a good place to get yourself started.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Really didn't think I'd be spending my bday researching this but I have to. I'm obviously hungover. Should I wait til I feel better or just get moving? Also....I'm a fed government employee...I don't want to lose my great career... 10 years in... Should I just throw up the surrender flag and say I have a problem...not really sure what the boss is going to say. Unfortunately I've had 2 separate alcohol related incidents (off duty) in the past 10 years that stemmed IA investigations and suspensions (not DWIs). Just stupid situations I wouldn't have gotten myself into if I wasn't a drunk.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I liked this post a lot better BigC

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to go to a detox. I have unlimited resources - excellent insurances/finances - I can go anywhere in any state. Any suggestions?? I want to go,
Think about it too long and you might talk yourself out of it?

I'm Australian but I'm sure others will be along with experiences of being a Federal U.S. employee.

D
Old 05-16-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
Really didn't think I'd be spending my bday researching this but I have to. I'm obviously hungover. Should I wait til I feel better or just get moving?
Same day as you but I think you should get moving. Since I woke up this morning the hangover is sparring me on to get to grips, there's help, for me, in the fact I am hungover. It reminds me how bad I have got iykwim?
Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was so bombed last night I woke up with cite rattle burns on my fingers must have passed out with a butt in my hand. I gotta get moving
Old 05-16-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SELF IDENTIFY, SELF IDENTIFY, SELF IDENTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a win-win.

I would call your boss right now! I'm serious right now!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

LBrain- when you say self identify?? I'm sorry I'm confused?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
I was so bombed last night I woke up with cite rattle burns on my fingers must have passed out with a butt in my hand. I gotta get moving
I have no recollection of going to bed last night. Terrible. This could well be it though, make today the first day of being sober - we can totally do this!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needinghelp82 View Post
I have no recollection of going to bed last night. Terrible. This could well be it though, make today the first day of being sober - we can totally do this!
. We can but I think I need help
Old 05-16-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I agree. Have you had any look searching for somewhere?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Working on it. I fell ill though from last nights bender and am in no shape to go anywhere today. Gonna have to rest/sleep this off make arrangements and take it from there.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

sorry bigC, self-identify. Tell them you have a problem and need help.

As opposed to having them discovering it through various ways (not good) and them telling you you have a problem.

It's being proactive and let's them know you want to deal with it before it causes problems in the work place. Or before things get too out of control.

It's much better to ask for help than to be told to get help.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
sorry bigC, self-identify. Tell them you have a problem and need help. As opposed to having them discovering it through various ways (not good) and them telling you you have a problem. It's being proactive and let's them know you want to deal with it before it causes problems in the work place. Or before things get too out of control. It's much better to ask for help than to be told to get help.
I have a very understanding employer.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I didn't think it would be this hard to find a detox with an opening.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have the money, maybe widen your search area a little..a little travel can't hurt?
Hope you have better luck today Big C

D
Old 05-16-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh I've widened it from coast to coast just waiting on some room at the places that take my insurance. If else fails ill just have to write a check to a place that doesn't take my insurance.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good news for me. Just completed the phone assessment and have intake appointment at detox/rehab on Tuesday. Now all I have to do is make it until then.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

That's great news. How did day one go? All set for day two?
Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 1 was day 1. Made the decision to go to detox and nip this in the butt. So here's day 2. I feel ok. Just a bit anxious about this detox. I got over telling my boss be out for at least a week. Now I have to get over the rules they told me they have at this place.... I'm going because I want to help myself. But no phone no iPad no laptop no this no that no razors.. Telling me what to wear....all came in the welcome email. I know I need to do this but life does go on.