Notices

Going to the store alone

Old 05-16-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I know how you feel. I shouldn't even drive myself home from work because that's always been my time to make a liquor store run. You are doing good... be proud of that!

Old 05-16-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
How long before I can trust myself to go to a store alone again?!
There are days when I still don't trust myself to go alone. And other days when I don't even think about alcohol. Give it some time. Don't let yourself think it'll always be this way. It won't.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
I'm on Day 9 and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot go to the store alone. I was going to go today while my husband was at work, just taking my kids with me, but I soon began to plan things in my mind. Buy vodka, hide it in my underwear drawer, drink just a little so that when my husband gets home he won't suspect a thing.
Then I started to think about the struggle I've had these past 9 days, and how much I would hate myself if I gave in now. So I told my husband, don't leave me the car today. Take it because I'm plotting in my head. He told me he was proud of me for admitting that. So now I'm home again, with no vehicle and no way of getting any alcohol. I'm alternating between being happy I fought the AV, and also kicking myself because of my missed opportunity!
How long before I can trust myself to go to a store alone again?!

Well done for having the strength to be completely honest with your husband. Secrets are partly responsible for us getting this way in the first place, well for me anyway.
I tried to avoid alcohol aisles in the supermarkets for the first few months and I am now able to pick up beer for others if required without too much overthinking.
You will get there too.