SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Would you keep me company today?)) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/332020-would-you-keep-me-company-today.html)

hayley86 05-14-2014 08:49 AM

Happy Birthday and congratulations on 19 months! Enjoy your special day. :)

iSPAZ 05-14-2014 09:05 AM

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Stoogy 05-14-2014 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 4649481)
Hi, SR mates)

Today I am hitting two milestones in my life:

- My Birthday;
- 19 months sober.

I've been leading a pretty lonely life, and I am mostly Ok with it. My life has changed a lot since I got sober, and I like it. I really appreciate rare moments with of genuine joy and happiness that come my way. I don't run from loneliness, fears, and pain any more.

Recently I've been in quite dark place in mood terms. And I know, Birthday is the time when it's sometime hard for me to be lonely.

SR has become my home, my family in its best way, where I am who I am not pretending a second. My friends live here. And I would spend my Birthday with you)

Would you keep me company on my Birthday?)

I have coffee and delicious homemade chocolate cake which I've made myself and, it even fits my healthy eating strategy))

Thank you!

My hugs and love to all)

I hope you have a great birthday, you are doing incredibly well.

phoebe64 05-14-2014 09:18 AM

A very Happy Birthday, Midnight!

:ring:day

least 05-14-2014 09:38 AM

A very happy birthday to you and big congrats on 19 months sober! :hug:

Cahabr 05-14-2014 10:26 AM

Happy birthday and thanks for being an inspiration for those of us who are just getting started on our journey!

ClearLight 05-14-2014 10:30 AM

As Cahabr said:

Happy birthday and thanks for being an inspiration for those of us who are just getting started on our journey!

Verte 05-14-2014 10:41 AM

I'm popping back in for a little more celebration Midnight and friends :)

This time I brought some balloons for you! and some hugs XXXX :)

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...x_XZ1BF-FFtzln

MidnightBlue 05-14-2014 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you so so so much, my friends, for spending this special day with me.

It's already dark at my part of the world, and, I think, it's time for some Birthday fireworks.

I even finally got flowers today. My ex stopped by for congrats)

It was a really good day.

You know, I remember some time ago I've seen somewhere here the thread named "Sober birthdays suck" or something like that. Let me disagree...

I'd say, sober Birthday rock!

Today, maybe, wasn't the most "exciting" Bday you could imagine, but it was my choice to slow down life pace and give myself a gift of peace and luxury spending this day the way I like, not the way I am supposed to, or whatever.

Speaking of the ex and birthdays that suck...

My ex's birthday is on May 12, i.e. just 2 days before mine. I remember 7 years ago, when we were still together, we were celebrating his BDay, and drank some ridiculous amount of alcohol. I spent next day feeling like I was dying. When turn of my BDay came, I was still barely alive, barely made it to work, and couldn't wait till the end of the day. I got home in the terrible mood only to find my ex already quite tipsy, because he and his colleagues continued to celebrate it at work, and then "migrated" to our place. Yeah, that was what I really needed on my BDay - bunch of drunk guys. I remember I felt uber crappy. And that did suck.

If to rephrase one famous ad "My birthday. My rules. And I am ruling sober".

:tyou

Verte 05-14-2014 01:15 PM

Awwwwww. Thanks for sharing your special day with us Midnight :) ! Your conception of a great birthday sounds great to me as well.

And tomorrow? You will wake up and be JUST a little older and a little wiser :).

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 4650713)
If to rephrase one famous ad "My birthday. My rules. And I am ruling sober".

I HEART this declaration of yours above! And beautiful birthday flowers.

Sleep tight tonight and thanks again for the party...

Hevyn 05-14-2014 01:19 PM

Hey MidnightBlue - I'm late to the party, but want to add my congratulations & send you some love.

The white roses are beautiful. I'm glad you decided to start this thread - we all care about you. :hug:

Chicagoan 05-14-2014 01:26 PM

Unfortunately in our society it
is customary to celebrate holidays,
birthdays and achievements with
booze.

Celebrate by going out to
the best steak house in
your town. Reward yourself.