Notices

Second day of sobriety

Old 05-13-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 2 here as well. This is a lovely place. :-)
Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I am in control

You're in the right place, Wendy. I think you'll find a great amount of resources here. Good luck in your journey.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome, Wendy! I am on day 7, so I remember clearly how hard day 2 was. It has already gotten enormously better. I had a 6 day hangover. Today I feel brand new, and grateful. Stick it out, you will feel so much better soon!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you are stable no but if not...

For many years i trued to get sober on my own and then had an intense time in a clinic. trouble is that as soon as i get back to normal life i lose my way. I found a 'friend' through the Icarus Trust that is there for me whenever i need. They don't live anywhere near me and so i can tell them anything. 9 months now and real progress, thanks to them. give it a try -icarustrust.org
Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Wendy59 View Post
Hi, am slightly confused and not sure if I am posting in the right place. I have been a drinker on and off for 30yrs and have really had enough but know I need some support with staying sober. I would also like to support other people as this to me is as important in getting support myself. Would appreciate some feed back, hopefully I have posted in the right place and can start making friends today Thanks

You have definitely posted in the correct place, well done on choosing sobriety you will find a new zest for life soon enough.

You are amongst friends right here and we look forward to getting to know you as time goes on.
Take care.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
raaeoh

My 2nd day as well. My2nd post too. I wish you the best on your journey. I set a long term goal of being in the best shape of my life. I plan on getting there 1 small goal at a time this week is stay sober by hitting the gym 6 days even if i dont feel up to it. Set some small goals that lead to a big one. Keep your eye on that prize. This has worked for.me in the past. I got your back.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks all.. 8pm here and I'm struggling, feeling irritable, I knew I would. Hate feeling like this, made sure I have no alcohol in the house so I guess a hot chocolate and lots of will power tonight, my body will thank me for this in the morning
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sorry, meant to say, what a lovely group of people you all are, I wish you well on your journeys too, helping each other is the key to staying sober I think.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

How are you feeling Wendy? I love waking up in the mornings without having drunk the day before - it really gives me this proud feeling.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Free66, I felt good this morning and happy I managed to get through the evening without a drink. My sleep was not great though woke 4/5 times and not very nice dreams but I guess that is to do with withdrawals... So nice to start the day with out a hangover
Old 05-14-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wendy59 View Post
Hi Free66, I felt good this morning and happy I managed to get through the evening without a drink. My sleep was not great though woke 4/5 times and not very nice dreams but I guess that is to do with withdrawals... So nice to start the day with out a hangover
Congrats Wendy and welcome to another not-hungover day! You'll make it through another and feel better tomorrow. I exercised for 30 minutes yesterday (swimming) which I think really helped with the sleep last night. If you have a spare 30 minutes during the day you may consider some type of cardio exercise, just trying to help with ideas. Have a great day!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wendy59. I was also confused when I first started to read on this forum, you are in the right place and congratulations on your decision to get sober. Take it day by day and use the online support system to help you. What helped me the most when I discovered this back on January was realizing I was not alone and not weird. Many people have the same problem and it's nice to be able to share without being judged! This is a great place to come to especially when you feel a little shaky on your decision. Read the stories. The best part is you can be honest. Xo and happy your here!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, still hanging in there but finding it hard, I just make sure I'm not hungry or thirsty and that helps. I'm off to bed with a book, finding it hard to sleep so that helps relax me a bit. Thanks again will pop on here tomorrow
Old 05-15-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm a little late to the party but welcome, Wendy. It gets easier with time. Hope you have a restful night.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Wendy. Welcome to SR.