Notices

14 days sober

Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

14 days sober

All I want to do is sleep. I have no motivation to do anything. I go to work, take my kids to their games, come home and just shut down. Does it get any better?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome excuses - congratulations on your 14 days.

I was emotionally and physically exhausted for about a month. We've beaten ourselves up badly & need time to mend. It's good you're sleeping though - some have trouble with that in early recovery. It definitely got better for me - my energy and enthusiasm returned. Good to have you with us.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Absolutely, positively, with complete certainty it WILL get better.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'll bet it already is better. It sure beats being drunk, doesn't it?
It WILL get better. You're living without a toxin in your body and it's adjusting.
Stay strong and congratulations on two weeks.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats on 14 days that is awesome! Yes if definitely does get better, it really does. Your body needs to heal.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

when i first came into aa, my kids had been taken away from me because of my drunken ways. my whole life had gone. i had no one and nothing other than a flat to sleep in and believe me i was so lucky to have even that although i didn't think so at the time.
my life was empty and i believed everyone hated me no one had a good word about me, despite the fact i was at one time a good sober man who had worked hard in his life to the point of owning my own one man business etc
drinking on weekends only at the start. or rather i should say getting drunk on weekends only eventually lead me to drinking everyday day 24 / 7 it didnt happen over night that i ended up drinking this way it started because i would be hung over on a monday and i thought a good cure for a hang over would be to have a drink and on and on it went till in the end like i said i lost everything. all that was left was me feeling sorry for myself and a drink and a flat that was rented from the council
the early days for me were hard as i felt so flat nothing to look forward to in life, other aa member's had there homes, there wives, there kids, there jobs, etc simply because they gave up drinking in time to avoid these bad things happening to them they gave up in time to avoid them.
anyway after a year or so i finally got my kids back as a single parent father it was the most special moment in my life its been a long time now since that day but i never forget the early days of when i had nothing but that empty feeling inside of me and asking is this how sober life is dull empty and dead ?
its not believe me it not but it take a lot of time and effort to find out the new life that is waiting for us all. this illness will try every trick in the book to get you to give in and drink again.
recently i lost my 16 year old son to stomach cancer, i had to nurse him on my own as a single parent. i watched my son deteriorate before my very eyes each day getting weaker he couldnt even drink a cold drink to quench his thirst its got to be the cruelest thing in the world to watch your baby die in such a horrible way . but i dont want or need a drink and i cope as best as i can each day without my baby boy around anymore and its not easy but without the love and help i got from aa and the people in it i just wouldnt have ever stood a chance least of all be there for my son
life is dead for me as a person these days but i try to spend my time helping others as its a key of freedom i have been shown. i dont pray to a god that i dont believe in but i do live the aa way of life
and it all started by me giving in the old way of life no matter how i might of felt its not a happy life i kept coming back to aa meetings until it started to work
i hope you can get something from my comments and hang on in there as life really does get better and you will be amazed at just how well you can cope with life when things happen without the drink good luck 14 days is a great start but try to just stay sober for today and do something in today that you might of been putting off till tomorrow : )
Old 05-12-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome excuses

I think most of us have had to deal with the fatigue for a while.
I think most of us underestimate the toll drinking can take on our body and mind.

Of course if you're concerned see your Dr - but give it a little time

D
Old 05-12-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss desypete, but I'm glad your recovery is a strong one.

D
Old 05-12-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi excuses, well done on 14 days.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi I am at 15 days sober and feel your fatique. After work I just want to go home and try to sleep. Hopefully this week will be better.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Excuses, 14 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. You have abandoned a part of yourself that is very powerful and it isn't gonna leave without a fight. Perhaps get started on some passion or desire that you have put off, and yes it does get better. Rootin for ya.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fourteen days is only the beginning, my friend! Keep talking to people on here, it's made me happier than anything else I've tried to do to quit.