Notices

living with recovering spouse

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Snick - I'm glad you and your hubby are spending more time together. What about you doing some things that you've always wanted to do, but never were able or had time? Maybe a photography class, or a pottery class, a scrapbooking class. Just try something new, meet some new people, get you out of the house and doing something. My daughter is 17 and she loves going to do pottery, so every once in a while we just take off and go. Her stuff looks beautiful, my stuff looks like a 4 year old did it, but we are together doing something, so that's the most important thing. We're making a good memory.

Get out there and make some new good memories for you!!! (I'm not married now, but I used to be and I let my hubby become way too important).
Old 07-22-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a note again guys...when reading this thread be aware

this thread is from 2004.

D
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

This seems to have been dormant for a while now, but i need something like this more than anything in the world right now! My Partner and I have not been together for a very long time so our relationship was still rather new, he is an alcoholic attic, and I've seen him go through hell and back in the last few months. right before he decided to go sober he hid the fact that he was on a six day kpin binge taking around 24 mg a day. he could have died so i am very happy that he is recovery. I know that the substances are what he is mad at right now. I know that he holds resentment in our relationship for things i have said or done that he feels as though were me attacking him. I've tried to be so supportive and stand by his side every step of the way.. now our relationship is going down the drain, I am having trust issues because a week ago he was hiding a horible drug binge from me. i am unsure of what to do. i would like to have a few people to talk to. People in AA have their sponsors and they have their fellow members, I HAVE NO ONE! any advice? i concidered Al-anon, i was strongly discouraged to go by his mother who has been diealing with this his whole life.

:-/
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wkesler View Post
i concidered Al-anon, i was strongly discouraged to go by his mother who has been diealing with this his whole life.

:-/
Go ahead and go to alanon. Those people know the stuff you need to know.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome wkesler -

You're doing the right thing by reaching out for support. I'm not sure why your mother-in-law would discourage you from AlAnon, but I know you'll find lots of support here, especially in our Family/Friends of Alcoholics Forum:
Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to the community!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

SHe said that Al-anon was more for people that either were pissed about having dead people due to it or people that still had alcohol. but now that i am getting a little boost i will do some thinking on it and will more than likely attend