Notices

I can't let go

Old 05-09-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't let go

My 25 year old daughter is a heroin addict. In jail for the 4th time. Now they are calling wanting to release her on a tether. How will this work. How will this help her. Can I do this. Should I allow this? I think of heroin addiction as a disease, like cancer, and my little girl has it. How can I not help? I just don't know what to do
Old 05-09-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nonnie

I'm sorry for your pain. I have no personal experience to share, but I know you'll find help and support here.

I'm glad you found us - welcome!

D
Old 05-09-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry for you and your daughter. I see addiction in general as a disease. I don't believe the chemical determines the addiction but how strong the grip is. She needs to want to get clean. All you can do is love her and set some boundaries. You may want to look into Al-Anon for you and I hear Suboxone has great results for weaning off heroin.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm sorry for your pain as it's too common today. At the top of this page is the entrance to forums on this site. Press it and search for "Friends and Families" and or similar titles. There you will find much help and also understanding.

BE WELL