Notices

Sober Weekend Planned? You MAY (9-11) Join Us!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
nmd

Last night my GF and I were pretty tired from the week so we just had an evening at home, I madea recipe for panang tofu curry for the first time. I'm a canivore but love tofu. It was probably the first time this week that I didn't get a pang to drink at dinner, which was nice for a change. Tonight is our date night - we are going out to dinner for sushi. I don't expect eating there to be too much of a problem alcohol wise, and mothers day is another day not associated with drinking for me... I don't want the weekend to be over, but I can't wait to get through my first sober weekend in four years!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
nmd

non - glad your dog is doing better btw! We have a golden retriever who is a part of our family
Old 05-10-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

LOTS of rain in Vermont this morning I'm hoping for it to stop later this afternoon so I will pout and drink my coffee until then. Nice dinner out last night with bf. His daughter was a no-show again last night; I'm guessing she is shacked up somewhere with her loser boyfriend putting her paycheck in to her arm. I'm not feeling kooky about it but rather grateful that even on this yuck rain morning I can celebrate my sobriety and waking up this morning without regret and worries and to be here with all of you rockin'-fine people Appliance shopping and some fleurs for Mother's Day with a possible nap and reading in there.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Sobrietus Optimus Maximus Weasel

Love it!

I'm in!
Old 05-10-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good Saturday morning weekenders. It is nice to wake up sober and with no regrets.

Non good to hear your dog seems to be doing better.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Just found out my 9-month pregnant daughter believes baby #4 may be here earlier than expected as baby's heart rate a little low. She is busy getting everything ready for the hospital trip should that be necessary and I'll be busy being crazy/excited/worried and getting my "welcome to the world" face ready!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all)

This weekend I am taking on big time house cleaning. There are few (if any) things that I hate more than this. I would even prefer going to dentist)

Please, send me some good-mood-angel's patience vibes!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great sober weekend)

Sunshine and smiles to all!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I'm up for the day. Piano lesson and a baseball game and then I think I'm going to tackle that pork shoulder roast for tomorrow.

Thanks Non for the driving lesson. It does take practice and repetition to make it seem natural to not drink. My feet always wanted to walk into the store where I bought wine to drink on the train home for a while. Or the shopping cart always seemed to want to veer into the liquor aisle. I can now walk right past the store and drive my cart without problems.

Olive I like watching cops too. Good lessons in where bad decision making will lead you.

Oops. Kids now awake so have to monitor the chaos. Quiet time is over. Good luck with grandchild number 4 Clover. Non, glad the dog is better this morning.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Oh my god I had a horrible urge to use last night. I probably sat there obsessing a bit too long. I was literally shaking and my heart was pounding. Thankfully I mustered up the strength to call my sponsor and talk to him for awhile and felt better and went to bed.

So glad I'm still clean today and I got my homegroup tonight.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
To be content

Starting over this weekend. I don't want to tack on one more relapse. Enough is enough. I felt so much better sober and I want that back.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

compass, sorry that you are having trouble, welcome back - make this weekend the first of forever.

nmd, next to you get a pang, make some panang instead.

well, went fishing this AM early, later somebody showed gave me some nice trout his kid caught at a fish rodeo at a private pond - 5 big rainbows, I cleaned filleted, and froze some, have some ready for the grill.
Already cut the front grass, having a cup and heading the to the back.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

My first sober weekend for a long time. I'm on day 6. I'm pretty sure I got this. My health pretty much depends on it.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome Tim... Congrats on day 6!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

How we all doing Sober Weekenders?!!

Welcome to all those that are having their first Sober Weekend, it can be tough but stick with it, post if your struggling, post if you slipped, just keep going at it and never give up!!

My weekend has been quiet so far, was off work this morning, so decided to get up early (hangover free) and visit some relatives I hadn't seen in a while, plenty of cups of tea later as is Irish tradition when visiting relatives, I've arrived back home, ready to relax for the evening!!

Let's make it a Sober Saturday!!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I'm here by myself in the mountains on a rainy Saturday. I'm supposed to be studying, but I'm hanging around SR instead!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
pray for strength

So I realized today that I have been celebrating sober Day8 for just about 3 days...I'm actually 11Days without alkeehall - only thing I am jonesing for is to be let loose outside!

Inside working, writing. My brain feels like it is operating at 30%. Makes it really hard to work.

Does anybody know why alcohol seems to 'activate' the brain? Maybe I was mistaken. Maybe I just thought it helped focus on the task at hand because I was not focusing on what was going on around me?

Not sure. Just feel like I am wading through mud. Short term memory horrid.

Weekend is gorgeous however!! Plans to plant things outside tomorrow with my girlies and super-hubster then BBQ with buddies.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
well, went fishing this AM early, later somebody showed gave me some nice trout his kid caught at a fish rodeo at a private pond - 5 big rainbows, I cleaned filleted, and froze some, have some ready for the grill.
Already cut the front grass, having a cup and heading the to the back.
You're making me desperate to get out fishing, man! I mostly fish for trout, I'm not much of a fly fisher but I'm hoping to get better at that over the next few months.

What I'm really excited about at the moment though is it's nearly Mackerel season here in Scotland. I caught so many of them last year. It's not the most challenging fishing in the world but it is fun as hell. Walking down to the Marina with my beachcaster and spending warm evenings there with my friends is one of my favourite things to do in the world.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Just seeing what everyone is up to, I have to start work in one hour and I am not feeling it today! The good thing is that I only have to go to my desk in my house so I don't have far to go .
Old 05-10-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

i would need fishing that's not too challenging.

At first today I was discouraged because my schedule got messed up and it was rainy and I was procrastinating my work and I was alone; but now I'm really into it! I am savoring the peace and quiet. I think I'll stay overnight and drive home early tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I have had a great day! Walked over 7 miles! Bought a George Forman grill for my balcony. Gonna make hot dogs and beans for dinner. Finally a warmth to the air in Maine but still very few leaves on the trees. Oh yeah... Cats at my feet.

Joy is a funny thing. I cannot tell where it comes from and I can't tell where it's going but I know when its here.

K