Notices

Sober Weekend Planned? You MAY (9-11) Join Us!

Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome LD!

Glass art? Cool!

Would you happen to know anything about fixing stained glass?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Well... To be honest I took the day off because I am in the dumps. I am in a spot in life that is extremely alone and while I know it will not last there are days that aloneness turns lonely.

My spell check just tried to turn lonely into loony. Could have left that go and it would fit.

Being loony is a battle with myself. With out the burden of drinking it's something I can see through but it takes some work.

Anyway... Thought throwing that out there would help me a bit. Time to go buy stuff!

K
Old 05-09-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are lonely, Weasel.
I know how you feel.
While the cat and dog provide endless unconditional love, a human companion would be nice. Every once in a while.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks olive.... There is only one thing to do.... Cook and shop! Ok two things!

I think I will make a roasted corn and black bean salsa today. I love that stuff when the balance between the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper is just right! Mmmmm
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

No need to cal 911, I'm in for the 911 weekend, LOL!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm there too...which is why I have the cats and the dog, gives me purpose. I will NOT allow myself to dwell on it, because I know that road leads to self-pity and self-pity leads to poor me a drink. So we don't go there....I do my own therapeutic things now and hope for something better....that way the worst thing I will end up with is a clean house.

I am alone on mother's day this year, so I will be checking in a lot.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm in! It's raining cats and dogs here today which means it's a perfect coffee and reading day for me.

I feel a head cold coming on, plus a bit of an earache, so I'm guessing this will be a somewhat laid back weekend...I'm perfectly fine with that! I DO need to clean my house though....I have stacks of disgusting dishes that I keep putting off and they're now driving me nuts.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Looks like my weekend will start a few hours early. My A/C unit wouldn't come on yesterday, so I called for service and they are coming early this afternoon. Taking off work early to meet them.

Not exactly a fun way to start the weekend, but I actually prefer it to work these days. My boss has the communication skills of a turnip, and I find him highly annoying.

Next stop - home!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Im in! Cant remember my last sober weekend but im pretty sure it ended with a 2013.

Im gonna hit a good Friday afternoon crossfit workout (its Grace today, for any of you crossfitters out there!). Then im gonna watch my Pittsburgh Penguins close out the series against the Rangers, watch some more NFL draft. Hit another Workout saturday morning and then who knows. I need to fill in my saturday night before the demons come lurking.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just wanted to share how grateful I am for all of you! Stay strong
Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Just checking in for the week end. I have a lot of stress going on right now but I am taking it a day at a time and staying sober of course.

Thank you for doing service Nonsensical.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm in! I'm gonna be at home all day so I think I'll do some writing and cleaning and listen to music. Then I'm going to a meeting tonight and gonna force myself to break out of my awkward shell and go to the NA clubhouse tonight. Hope everyone has a fun, sober, safe friday!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm in for a 2nd weekend running :-) working tomorrow but 4 days off after and have been invited to a 2nd interview so will be going in with an even clearer head than I did the first!Have a good one people :-)
Old 05-09-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

I'm in. Had a somewhat frustrating day so far. The weather hasn't been great today but I had to do something productive so walked the (very heavy) lawnmower down to my grandmothers house only to find The Worst Lawnmower in the World is broken yet again so had to walk back uphill to my house with it sweating and swearing the whole way. My own fault for not checking the damn thing before leaving.

Then it actually brightened up so I went and got my book to sit outside to read, obviously after about three minutes the sun disappears and it becomes instantly freezing cold.

On the bright side I finished my book (indoors) which I started last weekend, Volume 3 of The Dark Tower. Looking forward to starting volume 4. Also done a 50 minute DDPYoga workout and sweated my ass off which always makes me feel better. Also cooked and ate a lovely rainbow trout I caught a couple of weeks ago.

Not really sure what I'm up to tomorrow. Sunday shall be mostly spent watching football I think. Enjoy your weekends everyone
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm late but I'm in!!

Sobrietus Optimus Maximus Weasel
. . . this btw is fantastic!!

I'm off work all this weekend so might watch a few more NHL games than usual, with no early mornings to worry about!!

Anyone in Europe will know the Eurovision song contest is on tomorrow night, always worth a watch for some entertainment value!! plus Premier League soccer draws to a close on Sunday.

Let's do this!!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm in
2nd weekend
Having some sparkling lemon water, and enjoying every sip of it. Not missing anything
Old 05-09-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So good to see you makrellen!

Purple!

The A team is in the house!

No..no..no.... Abstinent team! Not that other A!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

How was your food Weasel?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I made it to the store and have everything. The rainy day makes me put it off and watching movies in the dark and hanging with the cats. Lol I will make everything in the morning.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

The boss just left early for the weekend.
I think I will do minimal work for the rest of the day.
Time to make the grocery list for the week.

I am at a loss for what to make for food this weekend. I think I have settled on turkey burgers, baked potato and coleslaw. Unless someone has a more interesting idea. I will make a batch of oatmeal cookies for my father on Saturday.