Notices

Sober Weekend Planned? You MAY (9-11) Join Us!

Old 05-08-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Way to pinch hit, Non!

Haven't participated in a while here, thought I'd dip my toes back in the water. Second Mothers' Day (in the US) sober, second one without her. Bittersweet. But a good weekend up ahead: coffee with a dear friend, tackling a couple of projects started this week, dinner and silly games, a date, rehearsal, and Game of Thrones. No spoilers from last week's episode, I beg you!

Have a good one, everybody!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I will be having a sober weekend as well. Have to as I have to work all weekend . Sunday is mommy day and I will give my mom a call and maybe do something nice for my daughter being that her kids are too little do it themselves.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! No plans for me just yet (have had a busy couple of weekends) so I am quite looking forward of seeing how it goes. The only thing I do know that is no alcohol will be consumed!! 35 days sober and enjoying my weekends more than ever :-)
Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Weekend 2 and feelin' fine.
No hangovers and good sleep.
Have a healthy, fun weekend everyone!
Happy Mother's Day to all that apply!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

A sober weekend, is a good weekend!

Absolutely in. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yes, pine!
Yes, bacon!
Yes, more puns!
Yes, Mother's Day! (Thanks for the reminder!)

21 year's ago was Mrs. Non's first Mother's Day (as a mom). I was in the Navy and had duty on Saturday, meaning I had to sleep on the submarine. I walked off the boat Sunday morning and stopped at the base exchange (store) to find a gift. What caught my eye? - an electric popcorn popper.

Epic fail.

This has become a family joke - the tale of how NOT to give a gift on Mother's Day.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
nmd

I'm in for a sober weekend, mothers day has plans, probably cleaning up the yard for most of saturday. Too cold at night here to plant my tomatos still
Old 05-09-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes pls... 10 wks sober now
Old 05-09-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am finally going to accept the fact that my appliances are dying. My dishwasher kaput last night; my fridge is running constantly, and my son has a pencil and paperclip in the buzzer on my stove to keep buzzer from randomly going off in the middle of the night. I will go appliance shopping (and installation?) this weekend....a Mother's Day gift to myself! So glad the weekend is almost here!
Old 05-09-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am off today! I would like to get my deck cleaned up, scrub the patio furniture and get my planters ready for some good blooms...not doing much this year as there is major construction ongoing, both inside and out on the lawn/street.....new water lines replacing old ones, new ceramic tile floor in master bedroom.
Clover I just replaced all m y kitchen appliances...LG quiet dishwasher, french door fridge, GE profile slide in, double oven with convection.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
new ceramic tile floor in master bedroom.
You're having that heated, I hope.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Count me in. Hoping for a quiet weekend. Read my book, do some cooking. Maybe some walking and gardening if the weather is OK. But I think it's forecast rain. Boo. Well at least I'll be sober :o)
Old 05-09-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I will be sober this weekend. Looking forward to cooking, family time and relaxation. When I'm sober I appreciate the simple things in life. This is not the case when I drink alcohol.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Non, I was going to groan big time at the title pun--but then I saw Ruby's and got into the spirit!

I hope you like the house Mecanix!

I hope everybody else has a lovely weekend, too!

This is the week that I'm finally taking my sad friend to the terrific French restaurant. We are going to bask and luxuriate (wine free). We will stay overnight for a movie-watching girlfest in the mountains--and BACON is definitely on our menu for Saturday morning!

Supposedly my laziest of all three lazy sons will cook me breakfast on Mother's Day! (I had to goad him into it--and, surprisingly, he volunteered! Usually he insists I cook him something 24/7!).
Old 05-09-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey team!

Non... The man.... Awesome start to this weekend.

I called in "sick" today. Now that I don't miss work because I was drunk I felt obligated to myself to take a mental health day. Work has been intense and so have I. Not sure I am necessarily happy at this moment but I also don't care to try and figure it out. Just be.

Got a new computer a week ago now and still have been avoiding transferring everything. But it's got to be done.

I thought I was gonna have to go to New York to visit someone but I backed out of it. Not strong enough at the moment.... And certainly not interested in challenging my sobriety. I just don't have it in me to drink. It's too hard. So I will sit quietly at home alone. Safe and snuggly.

Oh! And with you and captain non!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good in calling in sick Weasel! Enjoy your day.

I'm about to get ready for work. Pouring rain here but cooler than the 90 plus we had yesterday. Awesome!

Good luck appliance shopping. Need a fridge myself. Mine freezes everything in the back. Dishwasher? I have the old fashioned mine and have dishpan hands to show for it. If and when we redo the kitchen I want a dishwasher.

Welcome and welcome back to everyone. Have a happy Friday. Meeting for me tonight.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You're having that heated, I hope.
yes, I also have radiant heated floor in the kitchen..Love it!

I am going with the same ceramic tile in the bedroom to keep it cleaner (I have cats and a dog) and will go with an area rug instead. here is a picture of my tile.
(this is not my actual room, but the tile is the same as my kitchen which is 12x24 laid in the subway style)
bedroom tile.jpg
Old 05-09-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Weekenders!
I would love ceramic tile in my house! The whole cat and dog thing. That is going to be put into next years budget.
Brain, I got my seeds from Territorial Seed company. They have plants too. They may have what you are looking for. They ship fast.

Now, does anyone have a cure for slugs?

Old 05-09-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Hi everyone... I am definitely IN for a sober weekend! If it ever stops raining, I'm going to get some flowers for my patio, and make some glass art. I also need to clean out my closet but I think that's getting a little too ambitious and I really don't feel like doing it yet.