Notices

A relaspe

Old 05-08-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A relaspe

im so frustated i caved in tonite today to the stress .All week i been drinking today i decided was going to be a sober day for me .I REALLLLYY BADDLY !! just want to give this up .The story goes like this ,i just recently got myself a motorcycle a nice used one .Kawasaki vulcan 500 2002 the i just got it on the road last week and the other day it was nice enough for me to take it to work and back .
The reason why i got the bike is i plan on using it to commute back and forth once i move out west to cali .I get home from work today and it was nice out so i decided i'd zip around for a little bit .I start it up the thing runs i hop on it and i drive it .As i drive it i noticed it feels like the engine is running fast i down shift and pull into a parking lot .to turn around the ****** thing turns off on me i go to restart it and i have to pull out the choke just to start it up again . So i get it started and im driving it and it still feels like its running to fast .i pull into my drive way and just as im pulling in i hear a loud pop and the freaking thing starts smoking in the front of the bike .I look down and the god damn thing is leaking oil .Even now as im typing this i just want to cry im so frustated and stressed .
Last year i bought a bike that was leaking oil and fluid to and i wound up junking for half of what i paid for the damn thing.I just bought this thing recently and the ******* just **** the bed on me .I caved and went out and bought some booze **** it .I'm so upset over this i just can't take it i had to go out and get me a couple drinks calm down a bit .I had a weak moment im only human .Thinking about what could be wrong with it and how much money its probably going to take to fix the ******* thing goes up my *** side ways .I just want to take a bat or some blunt object and smash the ****** thing to peices .
I don't have a whole lot of knowledge with bikes other than how to drive one it sucks big time .Well thats my rant for now just thought id come here to get this off my chest .

Last edited by Dee74; 05-08-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After writing about the profanity I have some of my own b ecause this stupid phone lost my post
Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your frustration jaybe?

did drinking help any tho - really?

D
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

okay, I found it again. I typed out a message and the touch screen on my phone sent me to the netherlands or somewhere.

Anyway, jaybe. I am curious if you were drinking before the bike went south or that was your reason to drink. How much time did you have up until this relapse? I guess the "all week I been drinking today" got me confused.
Things happen. Sometimes beyond our control. No amount of drinking is going to fix that bike. And by your language I sense you were under the influence when you wrote it. Do you have anger issues that also need to be dealt with besides drinking? I suggest you work on that as well. Yeah, it sux that you got a bad bike. All the ranting and drinking in the world is not going to help you. It will just take you further away from a peaceful existence. I feel for you man, I really do. Many folks here are having great difficulties with their lives. Most come here and talk about it first - before they drink over it. Maybe next time you will think it over before you start drinking? Hang in there.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well Jay, that pretty much sucks. Lots of things in life suck. Guess you just need to figure out another way to cope if you really want sobriety. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

@Lbrain-the bike went south which caused me to stress out which in turn i started thinking about boozing it up.i wasn't drinking at the time i wrote that vent just really frustrated because i bought a bike last year and two weeks after having it **** went wrong.i'm so close to moving out i just cracked .it felt like i was moving backwards you make a good point. no amount of drinking is going to fix the bike at all.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What I did was take what I learned from each relapse, write down why I started to drink again, and apply it to your next attempt.

Often times I would drink because "I had a bad week" or "my boss was a jerk". In reality I finally realized I was broken inside and those things were just excuses. It wasn't until I was sober that I could finally get a handle on my issues and realize that most of life's problems are not big deal.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Jaybe83, that Kawasaki will probably do 130+ mph, you really shouldn't even look at it let alone drive it while you are drunk, rootin for ya.