Notices

Tempted fate, and mini victory!!

Old 05-08-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tempted fate, and mini victory!!

So since today was going so good !! I decided to go to one of my old haunts after work like I would do 5-6 days a week ... Funny was there 7 days last week till i quit on Saturday the 3rd ... Some might say bad idea but the craving of seeing the people and staff I've known for years ... I know the alcohol ... But I walked in asked for a virgin caesar( should of seen the bartenders face, like I stole from him or something!! Lol)
Ordered some food are had a glass of milk and some snide remarks and joking around and I was out 14 dollar tab!! SUCCESS I won't try that often cause I don't want to temp fate!!

Normally my night would of been 2-3 pints Heineken
5-6 doubles , but since I work in the industry and know the Bartendar honestly they are like quads or even 5oz drinks either jack and cokes or Bombay and tonic
And to finish a couple shots of tequila .... Never food ... And then I'd buy myself smokes
And be there for hours!! 50-75$ Dollar tab plus gambling on keno for 100$
Then drive ( I know drive after all that, no excuses but I'm almost 280# and have seasoned my body for 18 some odd years) to the beer store and grab a 15 pack and a micky of what ever ... So now it's 7-8 o'clock at night I'd pound beers with my brother sip on the little bottle and smoke 20
Smokes in 2-3 hours go to bed wake up and repeat!!

So today was a mini success I THINK?!

The amount of money I should save and never mind that the amount of damage I've stopped doing to me body ..... Come on day 7
1 week tomorrow lets do this

Thanks for listening
Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on a week sober, and here's to many more.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through that & congrats on 7 days

I would still urge caution - just because you made it tonight, does not mean immunity for good. Ask me how I know lol....

I think it's good to avoid old haunts for a while. Change your life up

D