Notices

Day 35 still wondering how I've made it this far

Old 05-08-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 35 still wondering how I've made it this far

Went to the gym for the first time in about a month. It felt good to do get out and be active instead of drinking on my day off. I've gotten to the point now that I realize I've made it to far to turn back now and cave In. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I've been sober for this long since I'm only 25 and people my age are everyday or every other day drinkers. I'm happy with my choice and that's all that matters to me people or obstacles that are in the way or disapprove no longer phase me. This is my choice and my life and I've decided I'm going to be commited the best I can.

To anyone whose struggling you need to know you have the power to succeed. No matter what anyone's says or how bad you feel or lonely you are their is always a choice you always have a choice before you decide to drink or smoke or do whatever it is that you do. Your not forced. Their will be many temptations along the road, I just tell myself I don't need it anymore I don't live that life I'm living the life I want and if I don't choose to do it I don't have to. I don't look down on others who do that is their choice and I respect others descions. This is what I think is best for me so this is what I'm doing. Kind of went off but I'm glad I'm here today. Hope everyone is doing good and have a good Mother's Day!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Wish I had your strength and insight at 25. Keep that little sober car rolling!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats to you. It's all in how you live your life and who is around you to influence it! Surround yourself with good things and clean living. Your young and your off to a great start. I'm on day 4. Thanks for the inspiration for me today!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You have a good attitude and it's wonderful you are making the decision to change your life around at your age. My ab is a year younger than you and doesn't seem to have his head on as straight as you do so for that I commend you!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

way to go Brad... thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Brad41989, well done on 35 days.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for the replies means a lot to me that others are out their doing the same facing the same struggles and rewards! Life is a blessing and it's great that we are not drinking or smoking it away! Keep up the good work everybody proud of you all! May you have a great weekend and great Mother's Day!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress Brad - keep it going

D
Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think a lot of it has to do with the habits that your friends surround you with. I know that I'm the only one that can find the willpower to change my own life, but it's easy to be tempted by people around you doing it. Congrats on staying sober, I hope I find the strength to do the same.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great job Brad - 35 days is wonderful. You'll continue to feel even better.

I agree with Tiptree - wish I'd known at 25 that I'd never be able to control it. I wasted decades trying.