Notices

Here we go again

Old 05-07-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

Well here I am again after 2 nights of not drinking really wanting to drink tonight!! It's driving me insane. It's the same darn pattern over and over and over.... Thinking I'll make this the last time
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Perhaps it's time to make a new pattern. Old habits can die hard, but they will die if you replace them with new and better habits.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi bananacake, sorry to hear about your struggle.

Have you doing anything to keep busy? Meetings or anything? Like nonsensical says, you have to change your patterns if you want to climb out of this rut.

Hang in there.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling today.

What I know for sure is that I needed to make other changes in my life, besides stopping drinking. Have you made any changes in your life, your daily routine?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm on day 3 of not drinking. Looking forward to day 4. I have been on the roller coaster myself for too long. Time to get off. Ask yourself what the drinking will do for you? You know the answer is nothing. If anything is bothering you tell somebody. Anybody. Pray. Join me for day 3 of sobriety. You can do this. Alcohol is a liar and is there to lie and make you feel good at the start and make you feel horrible at the end. Empty promises is all alcohol is. Sobriety delivers. We are here to make you feel good ALL the time. We need each other here.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nmd

I'm on day 4. I've mess up a number of times and still working on it. There is no last time, if I give in I will still need to live with the hangovers and downfalls of drinking. Giving in doesn't make anything easier, it will be harder because the problems of drinking will still be there.

The reasons you posted that you want to quit haven't changed. Just try to get through the day.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

what really worked for me was reading Allen Carr's book. It really helped open my eyes to the poison and trap that is alcohol. It took away my cravings and desire to drink. I didn't think that would ever be possible. It worked for me because I was ready to quit and open to the idea. I don't know if you'd like to give that a shot or not, but it works for some. Just throwing out what helped me.

I wish you so much luck and blessings. The merry-go-round of drinking is such a nightmare. When I was in my 20's I didn't care about drinking and I never thought I'd have such an issue with it once I hit mid-thirties. It sure can happen to anyone. I really hope it works out for you! (((hug)))
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep reminding yourself of the reasons you quit drinking. Remind yourself that drinking is NOT an option anymore.