Notices

Lies

Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lies

I think I need it. I had 32 days and then I picked up. And I don't need it, it ruins everything. When will I get that I'm an addict and I can't / don't want to/ don't need to use??
Old 05-06-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome back!

Stick around for a while, read and post a bit.

It might help!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome 1000. 32 days sober is a great accomplishment, what were you doing to stay sober then?
Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't give up Never - I must have forgotten the lesson a thousand times...but I remembered on the 1001st

Maybe this time was your 1001st moment?

D
Old 05-10-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome 1000. 32 days sober is a great accomplishment, what were you doing to stay sober then?
I was staying back east with my folks, going to meetings and there were no connections to call.... it was easy, but when I got back, old habits claimed me.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well, you'll just have to replace those bad old habits with good new habits. Like living sober.

I hope our support can help you stay sober for good this time.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It can take awhile to learn something. Maybe this was the last time you will go through this. It can be, you know? It's within your reach, it's entirely possible to make it happen.

I'm coming up on a year of sobriety next month. That sounds like a lot of time. And I did a lot of things in the last eleven months that are associated with staying out of the bottle, that's true. But if you total up the minutes where I was at risk of drinking and made the "right" decision, took the left fork instead of the right fork, we're probably talking about less than a quarter-hour across the entire year. 5-10 minutes or less to stay on track, just gotta make the right call when your number comes up.

I try to avoid risky situations in the first place, and when they come up I'm prepared (anticipate the unknown but inevitable triggers and opportunities - have a plan, don't get caught holding your .. own hand .. ? .. trying to keep the language clean for the mods) and life's pretty good without booze right now - boat does not need to be rocked.

You got 32 days in a row, that shows you're picking up the momentum, just latch onto that and see where it takes you. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Don't give up Never - I must have forgotten the lesson a thousand times...but I remembered on the 1001st

Maybe this time was your 1001st moment?

D
I wish I could have clicked the Thanks button twice for this!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just try again and it will click one day!. And important: forgive yourself for it. Learn from it and move on. It helped me a lot to identify potential triggers and have a backup plan for them. Usually a flag was any negative or too positive emotion...... And I made up plans what to do in these cases. Often exercising stress off helped and hanging out with sober friends.