Notices

Introduction with support and prayers needed.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me today!! I'm so excited about this lol! I'm feeling amazing and not wanting to jump back on the bottle. I'm truly surprised. I have a LONG way to go but I'm thankful for today. Thank you Lord. Thank you SR!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

5 days is great. You are over the initial hump. Each day in the first week is the hardest. Stay strong on the weekend!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Keep at it Tim. You are doing great.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five days sober!
Old 05-09-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress Tim

D
Old 05-10-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My first weekend without the alcohol in a long time. I'm doing ok now on day 6. Could I have some pointers please? I went to the gym yesterday. I can play with my hot rod out in the garage or take my dog for a walk. The "voice" is there a little but doesn't take much to quiet it down.

Thanks all.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

what kind of pointers Tom - sounds like you're doing great?

D
Old 05-10-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tim68...wow how encouraged I am by your words. 1/2 a day for me right now and I hav given it to God cause alone I fail. Found this group earlier today and phew glad I am here. Anxious for how th next few days will be so while you are praying say one for me and I will pray for you.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what kind of pointers Tom - sounds like you're doing great?

D
Oh just ideas of keeping that "voice" quiet. So far today I have just kept busy. Started out with a long motorcycle ride. Got caught in a lot of traffic. Then pouring rain all the way home. I laughed instead of getting mad. Washed the motorcycle. Played with my lab. Took a shower. Went to the store. Cooked dinner. Before I knew it the day was done. Brewed up some iced green tea and here I sit. I'm doing very well! Thank you !

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Tim68...wow how encouraged I am by your words. 1/2 a day for me right now and I hav given it to God cause alone I fail. Found this group earlier today and phew glad I am here. Anxious for how th next few days will be so while you are praying say one for me and I will pray for you.
Thank you and I'm glad your here too! 1/2 days become days which become several days then a week and so on. I most certainly will pray for you. You can do this. Sobriety is amazing. Waking up for the six day in a row and feeling great is just the best thing. It's not easy but you can do it! I reached my point of "enough". Its time to get well. And if your feeling ill from the drinking it gets better the minute you stop. Please post when you feel the need. We're here for you.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
pray for strength

You are quite inspiring Tim!

Nice job ,Tim, for your first weekend.

I wish I could take a picture of my desk for you to laugh about. There are 4 different varieties of beverages:

1 can of Cran-raspberry La Croix fizzy water.
1 can of lemon Polar seltzer water.
Giant thermos of iced Jasmine green tea
20 oz. lukewarm glass of Nighttime tea

Today is Day11 for me. Being surrounded by tasty drinks thus far has worked really well to keep my hands busy while I am sitting. Very well hydrated. I bet I am not alone in having a veritable N/A drink stand within arms reach?

Love your posts. Keep at it!!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congrats, Tim!!! Your positive attitude is going to go a long way in helping you to stay sober.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
Nice job ,Tim, for your first weekend.

I wish I could take a picture of my desk for you to laugh about. There are 4 different varieties of beverages:

1 can of Cran-raspberry La Croix fizzy water.
1 can of lemon Polar seltzer water.
Giant thermos of iced Jasmine green tea
20 oz. lukewarm glass of Nighttime tea

Today is Day11 for me. Being surrounded by tasty drinks thus far has worked really well to keep my hands busy while I am sitting. Very well hydrated. I bet I am not alone in having a veritable N/A drink stand within arms reach?

Love your posts. Keep at it!!
Thank you. And thanks for the support! Congrats to you as well for 11 days! I'm right behind you!! At the store I picked up some Aquafina Kiwi carbonated water. Good stuff! Powerade various flavors and the green tea. So far so good on this journey. Hope its smooth sailing for you as well.