To Life!

check it out...

http://www.readio.com/nywindowgaller...es/imagine.jpg
Now, do it! :ok:
Old 07-03-2004, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Peace to you and all, teach!!

Last edited by eddie z.; 09-28-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

awesome!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

John Lennon used to mean the world to me, now I'm devoted to a different dead guy, Phil Ochs. You know him?

Old 07-03-2004, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

no, I don't. What did he do?
LOVE Lennon here; always has been my social hero.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No expectations!

There But for Fortune; I Ain't Marchin' Anymore; Outside a Small Circle of Friends; The Power and the Glory, and MANY more..."topical" songs, as he called them. Ask Dangerous Dan—he's a fan, too.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Imagine...

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Writen by: John Lennon
Old 07-03-2004, 11:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No expectations!

"This is a land full of power and glory
Beauty that words cannot recall
Oh, her power shall rest
On the strength of her freedom
Glory shall rest on us all." —Phil Ochs :usa1:
Happy Fourth
of July!!

It says, "I ain't marchin' anymore!"

Old 07-03-2004, 11:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I absolutely love 'There But For Fortune'. It's a favorite for me. Of course, it goes without saying John Lennon's words are magic.

Love, Anna
Old 07-04-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dan

All we are saying,
Is give Peace a chance.

John Lennon 1940-1980.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Look, Dan! I think we may have found another one in Anna. An Ochs fan, that is.

And did I say that my wedding anniversary is John Lennon's birthday?

Love, Eddie
Old 07-04-2004, 09:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

GET YOURSELF TOGETHER DARLING,JOIN THE HUMAN RACE,AND WE ALL SHINE ON.....
JOHN LENNON
Old 07-04-2004, 09:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Dan

Eddie, I am so not surprised that my friend Anna appreciates Phil Ochs too
Old 07-04-2004, 09:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Dan,
I guess I just don't know her that well. Y'all hang out over yonder on that there Al-kie-holics forum, right?

And you can skip the rest of this post. You've heard the story...

Teach, etc.,
John Lennon's death was a MAJOR turning point for me because I felt so alien and isolated and different afterwards. I was only thirteen and my schoolmates made fun of me for being upset because they just had no idea about Lennon's significance. Their reaction to my reaction really reinforced my independence, rebelliousness, and alienation. While I'm still proud of my independent thinking, the rebellion and isolation helped get me into and keep me in my addiction. I struggle with these issues to this day!

Love, Eddie
Old 07-04-2004, 09:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by eddie z.
Y'all hang out over yonder on that there Al-kie-holics forum, right?
I'm a well rounded addict and like to spread myself evenly. MootPoint likens me to SR mayonnaise
Love ya EZ!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I love listening to all you guys..What a joy...Day 4 for me..
love ya all..ran
Old 07-04-2004, 10:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

John Lennon's one of my heroes. You can tell a lot about a person by who is their favorite Beatle. For me, John and George are probably tied.

Somebody please help me out. I've been trying to remember a quote of John's - something to the effect of "I can bring on more change with a single song than all the politicans in the world." That's not exactly it, but it was words to that effect. Anyone remember the right words?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Dan,
SR mayonnaise? Good one! I just meant you and Anna are over there more than I am, although I've been on the AA forum more than usual lately. Strange...

ran,
Congrats on 4 days!!!

Brookie,
Fancy meeting you here! But unfortunately I can't help you with the quote. Sorry.

Love, peace, and hugs to all,
Eddie
Old 07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
To Life!

Don't know if I've ever heard that quote, but, it wouldn't surprise me. Here are some other gems. It is interesting to see how his view on some things changed over time. And of course, I don't agree with EVERYTHING he said, but, sure enought, almost all of it!

"John Lennon Quotations

John Lennon 1940-1980, British Rock Musician

"Lots of people who complained about us receiving the MBE received theirs for heroism in the war --for killing people. We received ours for entertaining other people. I'd say we deserve ours more. "

" The more I see the less I know for sure. "

" Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first -- rock and roll or Christianity. "

" The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it? "

Beatles - Four Faces

" The worst drugs are as bad as anybody's told you. It's just a dumb trip, which I can't condemn people if they get into it, because one gets into it for one's own personal, social, emotional reasons. It's something to be avoided if one can help it. "

" If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or my music, then in that respect you can call me that I believe in what I do, and I'll say it. "

" Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear. "

" We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it. "

" You have to be a bastard to make it, and that's a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth. "

" God is a concept by which we measure our pain. I resent performing for frisking idiots who don't know anything. "

" I've had the boyhood thing of being Elvis. Now I want to be with my best friend, and my best friend's my wife. Who could ask for anything more? "

John Lennon and the Statu...

" My defenses were so great. The cocky rock and roll hero who knows all the answers was actually a terrified guy who didn't know how to cry. Simple. "

" Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me. "

" We're more popular than Jesus Christ now. I don't know which will go first; rock and roll or Christianity. "

" Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. "

" Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it. "

" Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip. "

" I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love. "

The Beatles - Abbey Road

" The pressures of being a parent are equal to any pressure on earth. To be a conscious parent, and really look to that little being's mental and physical health, is a responsibility which most of us, including me, avoid most of the time because it's too hard. All we are saying is give peace a chance... "

" Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "

" You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die. "

" And so this is Xmas for black and for white, for yellow and red, let's stop all the fight. "

" Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. "

" He didn't come out of my belly, but my God, I've made his bones, because I've attended to every meal, and how he sleeps, and the fact that he swims like a fish because I took him to the ocean. I'm so proud of all those things. But he is my biggest pride. "

John Lennon - Imagine

" There's nothing you can know that isn't known. "

" The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility. "

" We were all on this ship in the sixties, our generation, a ship going to discover the New World. And the Beatles were in the crow's nest of that ship. "

" When I hold you in my arms and I feel my finger on your trigger I know no one can do me no harm because happiness is a warm gun. Woman is the ****** of the World. "

" Work is life, you know, and without it, there's nothing but fear and insecurity. "

" I get by with a little help from my friends " John Lennon

" Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it. "

" Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear. "

" I remember a time when everybody I loved hated me because I hated them. - Letter to Stuart Sutcliffe circa 1960 "

" Love is the flower you've got to let grow. "

" All you need is love! "

" The pressures of being a parent are equal to any pressure on earth. To be a conscious parent, and really look to that little being's mental and physical health, is a responsibility which most of us, including me, avoid most of the time because it's too hard."

Portrait of an Era IV
Old 07-04-2004, 07:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Here's a caricature (sp?) I've been drawing since about 1981! Enjoy.