SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello everyone. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/331070-hello-everyone.html)

Seanfox 05-04-2014 10:40 AM

Hello everyone.

Hi I'm Sean.

I'm on day 7 free from drink and drugs. I've found today to be quite difficult as everyone is at the pub due to it being a bank holiday. I was going to go see a movie by myself and then an old school friend asked if I wanted to tag along with him and his brother to see a film which has made me feel a little better as I felt the demons stirring in my head. I feel as though that when I make it through today and tomorrow then I'll be ok as I have to go to Moscow for work on Thursday for 5 weeks and I didn't really enjoy drinking on the job so I should be in a better position when I return. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

RevivingOphelia 05-04-2014 10:57 AM

Hey Sean,

Welcome to SR and way to go on 7 days! I'm glad you went to see a film instead of caving into pub scene. Keep going; it'll get easier! :)

Hevyn 05-04-2014 11:00 AM

Hi Sean! Great to have you with us - welcome.

Congratulations on your 7 days. You have a good attitude. Smart of you to stay distracted in these early days. Things will improve and you'll feel stronger as you get more sober time behind you. :)

Seanfox 05-04-2014 11:07 AM

Thanks for the responses. I always remember that phrase 'Idle hands are the devil's plaything' so keeping my mind occupied with other things should keep my on the right path. It's difficult where I live meeting new folks who don't drink, it seems to be everyone's chosen pastime. I just need to focus on myself for now though.

nullnaught 05-04-2014 11:09 AM

hello to you. :~D

Dee74 05-04-2014 03:16 PM

Welcome to SR seanfox :)

D

PurpleKnight 05-04-2014 03:19 PM

Welcome to the Forum Sean!! great to have you onboard!! :wave:

Seanfox 05-04-2014 03:25 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be here. I ended up watching Spider-Man 2 again, there were parts when certain characters drink and it made me think that I could come home and have one 'last' night out but then I know that It's not me thinking straight and now I'm home about to have some macaroni cheese whilst watching Seinfeld, I'm on season 3 and I've only recently discovered it. It's a very funny show, I love Kramer.

ChickChick 05-04-2014 03:35 PM

:welcome Seanfox!

least 05-04-2014 03:49 PM

Welcome! My daughter and her new husband visited London and Cornwall last summer on their honeymoon. They loved it. :)

I'm glad you joined us. Congrats on the first of many sober weeks. :)

Seanfox 05-04-2014 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 4631535)
Welcome! My daughter and her new husband visited London and Cornwall last summer on their honeymoon. They loved it. :)

I'm glad you joined us. Congrats on the first of many sober weeks. :)

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad they had a great time, Cornwall is lovely. It's my sober goal to save for a trip to the States, It's the #1 place I want to visit.

RevivingOphelia 05-05-2014 02:41 PM

How ya going today, Sean?

Seanfox 05-05-2014 03:07 PM

It's going good thanks RevivingOphelia, I took my little brother Go Karting this afternoon then I went to the cinema this evening and watched Neighbors. It had a lot of drinking and drug use in it that kind of made me want to go out but I didn't, I'm just at home now about to watch a film. How's your day been?

Hevyn 05-05-2014 03:28 PM

Good to hear you sounding so positive Sean. :)

Seanfox 05-05-2014 03:53 PM

Thanks, I find the hardest part so far is realising that it's kind of lonely in the early stages as everyone I know drinks but at the same time it's good to spend time by yourself. My cousin who I used to hang out with loads is a drug dealer so I had to tell him that I can't hang out anymore. How do you even meet new friends these days? Haha.