Notices

How many times?!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you don't take the first drink you can't get drunk.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You have to find ways to not act on the impulse to take a drink. Distract yourself somehow. Worst comes to shove next time drive half the country is you need to, away from that first drink.

Without the first there is not second, and the 24 following ;-)

You will find a way to stay sober, I have complete confidence in you.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I always get so wrapped up with having "just one or two" with my husband. We do it all the time. But usually HE is all good with truly wanting one or two while inside I want more
Old 05-03-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by unchartedxo View Post
I always get so wrapped up with having "just one or two" with my husband. We do it all the time. But usually HE is all good with truly wanting one or two while inside I want more
Maybe a good thing would be to explain to him that it might be preferable to NOT have a "few". Can you do other things as a couple that doesn't involve drinking? Go to a museum, a walk, fishing, ping pong?

He truly needs to understand that your relationship with Alcohol is not like his.

I don't mean to sound like I am "smart". I don't have the dilemma of being in a relationship with someone that can control their drinking, I'm single so sitting in a different seat than you.

But will come a time, after at least a year sober, that I will have to start dating. Ho crap I can't even remotely think of this right now ;-)

Be kind to yourself, and find a way with your partner to live health.

Blessings
Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What is your plan?
Old 05-03-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Maybe a good thing would be to explain to him that it might be preferable to NOT have a "few". Can you do other things as a couple that doesn't involve drinking? Go to a museum, a walk, fishing, ping pong? He truly needs to understand that your relationship with Alcohol is not like his. I don't mean to sound like I am "smart". I don't have the dilemma of being in a relationship with someone that can control their drinking, I'm single so sitting in a different seat than you. But will come a time, after at least a year sober, that I will have to start dating. Ho crap I can't even remotely think of this right now ;-) Be kind to yourself, and find a way with your partner to live health. Blessings
My husband is very aware if my inability into moderate. He comes from an alcoholic family so he knows the signs. He moderates me. Last night he was gone doing Army stuff and I lost control
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
painless

Till u hit rock bottom... Its up to you my friend... Are u tired of coming too verses waking up? Im 48 days clean and sober today and i feel great. I hope for the same for you... Dont give up... Your on here for a reason... U know u have a problem so get help... I did.. Good luck