Notices

Stay sober weekend thread 5/2-5/4

Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

What an awesome sober weekend team we are this weekend!

I am heading to lay lazily in bed and watch tv. I want to get up early... For me early is 4:30... I normally get up 5:30... To set up the new computer I bought today. I had a 9 year old windows XP... Lol..... And make a good chili.

Be well folks! If thoughts of drinking are strong in your head... Realize you control your arm. You can say no. Separate you from the desire. There are good people like you who are posting on this very thread that have done it. I have done it. You are doing it!!!

K
Old 05-02-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I am so in for the weekend! Great to see so many people here!

I won't necessarily say I have plans because it seems when I make plans, I end up changing my mind. So, I'll say I have ideas.

I am hoping the rain holds off for another day so that I can enjoy the sunshine a bit longer.

I'm thankful that my life seems to be looking up for the first time in a while. I'm thankful that I actually feel hope.

I'm thankful that I have not destroyed my body and that I do have an opportunity to get healthier.

Of course, I'm always thankful to all the SR folks for all their encouragement, support and kindness!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Location: Let your life be an exclamation, not an explanation.
Yeah, Weasel, good idea to get out from under XP.

Hi, Ary!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Bim!

Old 05-02-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Yeah, Weasel, good idea to get out from under XP.

Hi, Ary!
We have XP at work and it is looking to be very expensive to upgrade. We would have to upgrade our client software first, which happens to be the most expensive part. Fingers crossed that we survive until we get out from under!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I could use a bonfire meeting. Weather today is raw. Cold and windy with drizzle. On train home after face time in office. I haven't read the dark tower series. will have to check it out. LOTR fan and also harry potter. reading HP to son now but getting more out of it now that I am reading it sober. And I am grateful for that. Before I wouldnt have wanted to read to him except begrudgingly because I would want to get back to my drunk. And I mean drunk because it was never one drink.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I actually never had an issue with XP.

My new laptop has Windows 8. I am not a fan. It is way too different than what I'm used to. I'm not even sure if I'm shutting it down correctly.

Then again, I was one of the weirdos who liked Windows 95.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy Sober bank holiday weekend friends
Old 05-02-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm in!

I'm grateful that sobriety has taught me if I put my mind to it I can do anything now. I have the strength. The end of this month will be one year, and while very ecstatic about that, I'm sad to say that I filled the void in the months that have passed with sugary sweets of any kind. It eventually caught up to me.

Over the past 30 days I have been doing the caveman diet. If a caveman didn't have access to it and can't eat it neither can I. Not to mention no bread, no pasta, no potatoes. The rule is no getting on the scale, no measuring inches, nada. Full commitment for 30 days. Thanks to sobriety I knew that if I could achieve what I had that I can do ANYTHING for 30 days. Tuesday is weigh day and my clothes are already telling me how happy I'm going to be. Plan to continue right on that same path until I hit goal.

All thanks to knowing that the world is my oyster now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
We have XP at work and it is looking to be very expensive to upgrade. We would have to upgrade our client software first, which happens to be the most expensive part. Fingers crossed that we survive until we get out from under!

We're the same, still on XP at work . . . but then when I get home, it's OS X all the way!!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ladyblue.... I am considering going to that cool gym in gorham.... Caveman style!

21 day program and all in.

Walking the back cove tomorrow!

Be well!

K
Old 05-02-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Funny thing is my job is all about designing software for the most current computers.... But I love my passbook savings account!!! Lol

Go figure... I will profit off technology but not really a fan. Except maybe for foodnetwork.com... Big fan. Lol
Old 05-02-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Funny thing is my job is about designing software for the most current computers.... But I love my passbook savings account!!! Lol

Go figure... I will profit off technology but not really a fan. Except maybe for foodnetwork.com... Big fan. Lol
LOVE TFN!

Have you tried the Greenbelt yet? That walk is a really nice one. Get why you like Back Cove though.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Not doing well drank wine tonight. Sigh. The journey continues... I feel like Debbie Downer. :-(
Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I love the cove because the signs spell out the distance... And the sunset... Sunrise... And the water all make it fun... Hate the side where you walk by the highway... But? Lol

Have not tried the green belt yet. I live right adjacent to the Portland jet port ... So I walk and watch the jets take off and land. Fun!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for herbal tea.

I have a tough weekend ahead with a Cinco de mayo themed bday party sat night, a catered dinner at hubby's boss' house sun night......and just now my 4 yr old is en route to urgent care with a head wound AND chose daddy to take her.

I am feeling super down already. Tonight was supposed to be the easy night out of the three. Boooooo. I need to head to bed like ASAP after she gets home or I will be so tempted to bag it.

Sorry for the already downer post guys.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Holli... No one is tasking you. But I am thanking you... For being here.

Ken
Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Location: Let your life be an exclamation, not an explanation.
Mainer! I used to go up to OOB in the summers back in the 70s. We were skydivers and would make jumps onto the beach for $$$ for publicity for the beachside businesses and other things - oh, do I have the stories! There was this one strip club that we would jump into as publicity - then spend the evening/night in the bar. Obviously back in my drinking days.

Do you remember the bar in OOB called "The Whaler"? (or was it "Old Whaler"?) That was my friends' bar.

Memories....

Grateful they are d i s t a n t memories.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi LadyBlue, sounds interesting the caveman diet.

It's great how sobriety sets us free, to rule the worl, or whatever we want to do xx
Old 05-02-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ken, I know you and SR are not judging me, I am judging myself and it isn't pretty because I want to be a non drinking soul. Sux.