Notices

Damn-it I'm an addict too!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Damn-it I'm an addict too!

Celebrated 1yr alcohol free last month. Feel amazing about it and doing awesome not drinking.

I was diagnoised with ADHD and my doctor gave me Ritilin (I had notified her that I was an alcholic) but since I hadn't had any other addictions she had me try it. It was amazing. When I was taking it as prescribed I was in a great moods, ambitous, and got so much done.
Then I screwed everything up by giving in to the urge to snort one. Well needly to say I'm abusing it everyday. I even feel the good feeling dwendle as I do more but I just do another one. ****!!!

I know I have to stop and the best way is just get it out of the house. Because if I dont have one I won't need another and another. BUT... The benifits from when used correctly are so helpful and really do improve my attention. Everytime I crush a pill I KNOW I shouldn't be doing it but I do then another until the high is pretty crappy feeling.

Why can't I just use it as it should be? Why do I crush that first one? WHY???? I have failed the last three days.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jean - congrats on your year sober.

I don't know much about ritalin...but I know a growing problem when I see one.

Don't let this one drag on...go see your Dr - be honest about your problem, see what she suggests?

D
Old 05-01-2014, 01:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Jean, you'll find lots of support here. You've got a year without alcohol so you can overcome this but, I think as Dee suggested, you need to see your doctor about this. Be honest with him/her, they will help you through this and so will we.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Jean77 View Post

I know I have to stop and the best way is just get it out of the house. Because if I dont have one I won't need another and another. BUT... The benifits from when used correctly are so helpful and really do improve my attention.
But you aren't using it correctly. So you might as well do without and figure out another way to deal with your ADHD.

I was hooked on meth in the early 80s. If I had it, I did it. Even stole it. I had to make sure I had no access to the drug to get over the hurdle of doing it daily.

Get rid of the stuff and let your head level out. The cravings go away. And don't use the obsession for Ritilin turn to alcohol.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Be honest with your doctor about the Ritalin. Ask if there is anything else you can take for your ADHD.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jean, I am sorry this has become a problem. I admire your honesty and desire to be well. Congratulations on one year!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your're being honest with yourself here - that's a big step. It shows that the "real you" knows right from wrong. Stop this before it brings you more pain. There are several other options, let a professional explore them with you.