SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Death of a beloved dog. Day zero. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/330716-death-beloved-dog-day-zero.html)

SoberForMySon 04-30-2014 03:17 PM

Death of a beloved dog. Day zero.

Tomorrow is day one and I shall join the class of May when it comes up. After months sober, my longest stint thus far, I failed when my soulmate died at 16.5 years of age. He was my life, heart, and world. Beyond normal pet love... We were codependent and had separation anxiety for each other. I shaped my life around him and his needs, didn't work, etc. now I am lost and broken without my boo. God help me, the pain is too much... I shall sober up in his honor. Long live my heart dog and friend, my dear beloved one... Oh god, the pain of it is too much :( why do they have to go?

Nonsensical 04-30-2014 03:22 PM

Sorry for your loss. I have the ashes of the dog I lost last year within arm's reach as I type. Can't seem to bring myself to scatter them. Beautiful girl, and she thought I was Elvis. Still miss her.

Sober in her honor - wonderful thought. Be safe. Be well.

Duffster 04-30-2014 03:26 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost 2 scotties within a year of each other 6 years ago and I'm still not over them. Nonsensical, I too still have their ashes as I can't bring myself to scatter them either.

I'm truly sorry.

SoberLeigh 04-30-2014 03:27 PM

I am so sorry, SFMS; thoughts are with you.

curliQ 04-30-2014 03:28 PM

Oh man, I'm so very sorry.

MIRecovery 04-30-2014 03:30 PM

I am so sorry for you and I have been down the road you are on. My profile is of my beloved Cuervo who has been gone for 3 years. Life happens and it s~cks but I have found there is no problem alcohol won't make worse.

Stay strong and grieve your friend sober. Anything less would be a disservice

aussieblue 04-30-2014 03:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I too have lost dogs over the years , no more for me it is just to painful when they go.

SoberForMySon 04-30-2014 03:34 PM

I'm saving his ashes to bury with me... And his collar

Upward2Enlightenment 04-30-2014 03:39 PM

I am truly sorry Sober.
http://www.estateofdenial.com/wp-con...970d-400wi.jpg

Thepatman 04-30-2014 03:41 PM

I am truly sorry for your lost.

I remember when I lost mine 10 years ago. That's how long it took me to finally find the strength to have another one.

Been a month, she is now 5 months old. She somehow looks almost exactly the same and somehow inherited my firsts traits. Might sound strange, but I somehow feel the energy re-incarnated into this one.

Stay strong, we are here for support in your recovery.

Pat

ChickChick 04-30-2014 03:45 PM

I am so sorry. Our pets are so much more than just pets. :hugs:

ChrissieB 04-30-2014 03:53 PM

So sorry sober and proud that you are starting afresh!! In Boo's memory he will be so proud of you, he wants his Mama sober xx

readerbaby71 04-30-2014 04:02 PM

I'm so sorry. Sending much love and healing thoughts your way.

anykey 04-30-2014 04:08 PM

Could you share with us a god memory of him?

Pipefish 04-30-2014 04:11 PM

Much love & huge hug to you. So sorry for your loss.

least 04-30-2014 04:17 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. :hug: I lost two dogs almost three years ago and still miss them. :(

“We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan.”

― Irving Townsend

Dee74 04-30-2014 04:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss SMFS.

It's ok to grieve and be sad that's how we process loss.

I know you've already started drinking but wouldn't it send a great message to the Universe if you stopped and poured the rest out?

D

chicory 04-30-2014 04:24 PM

sFMS,
I am so very sorry. I know how it hurts. Just a sickening lost feeling. But remember how much he loved you, and take care of the one he loved so much. That is what he would want for you, no doubt in our minds, is there?

my heart hurts at your loss. they are our children.

chicory

Pondlady 04-30-2014 05:00 PM

Heartfelt condolences on the loss of your sweet Boo. He'd want you to take as good as care of yourself, as you did him.

soberclover 04-30-2014 05:02 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I, too, have the ashes of my Jinx. Time has made my heart a little better regarding losing her. I, hope this happens for you too :)