SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Orange juice works wonders! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/330686-orange-juice-works-wonders.html)

Makrellen 04-30-2014 10:45 AM

Orange juice works wonders!

Hey

I'm on day 3 sober. Many wild ups and downs.. far from easy, but I think I can do it

I've found that drinking fresh cold organic orange juice with ice cubes is very satisfying and refreshing. Then I'm occupied drinking SOMETHING. Plus it seems to give me sugar I now don't get from alcohol, and possibly some needed vitamins etc.

And a bonus: when I think of beer taste right now, I feel almost disgusted.. don't want it. At least while drinking orange juice
So now I drink a LOT of orange juice :)

Try it out, maybe it's good for you too

Nonsensical 04-30-2014 11:43 AM

Congrats on 3 days!

OJ? I'm a diet ginger ale man, but i am willing to branch out and see what happens. :)

CopanoBay 04-30-2014 11:43 AM

Ditto the cold orange juice here!!! I have orange and grapefruit trees in my yard. Day number two (2) of sobriety for me and here's wishing the best of success for you Makrellen!!!

Makrellen 04-30-2014 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 4623350)
I'm a diet ginger ale man

I guess that could work fine too ;) I'm just happy that drinking something cold and refreshing is very good, and get's my mind pretty much of beers :)

ChickChick 04-30-2014 11:46 AM

OJ, apple juice, cranberry juice etc. for me now! I've been drinking a ton of 100% juices! Yum!
The smell of beer let alone the taste is really turning my stomach these days!

joselyn 04-30-2014 02:22 PM

I read somewhere but can't remember where that OJ is good for cravings. Huh I guess thats why your not thinking of beer while you have your cold glass of OJ.

Stoogy 04-30-2014 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Makrellen (Post 4623219)
Hey

I'm on day 3 sober. Many wild ups and downs.. far from easy, but I think I can do it

I've found that drinking fresh cold organic orange juice with ice cubes is very satisfying and refreshing. Then I'm occupied drinking SOMETHING. Plus it seems to give me sugar I now don't get from alcohol, and possibly some needed vitamins etc.

And a bonus: when I think of beer taste right now, I feel almost disgusted.. don't want it. At least while drinking orange juice
So now I drink a LOT of orange juice :)

Try it out, maybe it's good for you too

Orange juice is a great alternative, I have also took a great love of strawberry milk shakes never had them before I stopped drinking, but much like my other post it's a sugar thing I think, but yeah orange juice is a lovely drink.

Applekat 04-30-2014 02:47 PM

I would mix the orange juice with the gingerale, or cranberry with tonic water, etc. etc. I love Fresca, too!

Sulu1 04-30-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by joselyn (Post 4623646)
I read somewhere but can't remember where that OJ is good for cravings. Huh I guess thats why your not thinking of beer while you have your cold glass of OJ.

I think it may be because beer is so high in sugar, as is the orange juice but in a much better way. I always find myself craving very sweet things after stopping drinking. I think our blood sugars get sent crazy with all the alcohol.

serious 04-30-2014 02:51 PM

there are so many natural, healing drinks out there.

surely organic, natural orange juice is one of them.

... beer is not, though.

SoberForMySon 04-30-2014 03:12 PM

Sprite zero here and cranberry juice...

Makrellen 05-01-2014 09:11 AM

Other good drink (for me anyway): Old Jamaican Ginger "Beer"
ummm, but a bit expensive here

Gibbons2 05-01-2014 09:16 AM

Orange juice works great for me too, especially with the cravings. It has a natural sweetness to it and I think that is why. Much better than beer. Cheers!