Notices

finally at 2 weeks

Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finally at 2 weeks

I am now at day 14 which means this is the longest I have gone without taking a drink since I was in high school. I feel like this is a pretty big milestone for me because it was usually around 2 weeks when I would relapse.

I feel like I have finally crossed the point of doubting I can live without alcohol to now trying to figure out how to live sober without relapsing. I am still going to AA every night and just trying to find sponsor and listen to everyone else.

I am now trying to figure out how to deal with all the underlying issues that causes me to want to drink, the depression from gaining 50 lbs from well... drinking. The constant hate, anger and resentment I still have towards my ex fiancée even though she left me a year and a half ago. And other issues work, school etc..

But anyways I am thankful that I am at day 14 now and that for the last 2 weeks I havnt had to worry about hangovers and worrying about getting pulled over drunk
Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi zach, congratulations at day 14, that's great.

I found I had to concentrate on my sobriety at the beginning, then and now I'm concentrating on recovery, all the things which made us pick up drinks and not stop.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice work, Zach. Congratulations. I dropped 20 lbs in the first 5 months of sobriety without even thinking about changing my diet. Between the ridiculous number of calories in alcohol and my late night drunken food binges, I am surprised that I wasn't even heavier than I was when I took my last drink. Weight loss is one of about 486 benefits that I have experienced in sobriety so far.

Good luck. You are on the right path. Just keep doing what you are doing.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Two weeks is certainly a big accomplishment. You made it through both Hell Week and Heck Week. The weight will come off now that you're more motivated in taking care of your body. You will start to notice positive changes in your appearance just by eliminating the alcohol. Congrats!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by zach4677 View Post
I am now at day 14 which means this is the longest I have gone without taking a drink since I was in high school. I feel like this is a pretty big milestone for me because it was usually around 2 weeks when I would relapse.

I feel like I have finally crossed the point of doubting I can live without alcohol to now trying to figure out how to live sober without relapsing. I am still going to AA every night and just trying to find sponsor and listen to everyone else.

I am now trying to figure out how to deal with all the underlying issues that causes me to want to drink, the depression from gaining 50 lbs from well... drinking. The constant hate, anger and resentment I still have towards my ex fiancée even though she left me a year and a half ago. And other issues work, school etc..

But anyways I am thankful that I am at day 14 now and that for the last 2 weeks I havnt had to worry about hangovers and worrying about getting pulled over drunk
Well done on your first 2 weeks, a lot of issues are born out of drinking, we cannot fix all our issues at one time, but once we win this battle we are in a much stronger position to reavaluate the most important aspects of our lives.
Well done again, excellent job.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days! Stay close.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That Serenity Prayer cannot be worn out. Just sayin. It's helped me quite a bit.

In time you will learn to deal with your "issues" - we all have them. Be kind to yourself, just don't drink and keep moving toward healing.