Notices

What do I tell my family?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MitchMatch View Post
I never really thought about it until right now, but my parents are definitely living vicariously through me and that makes me kinda mad. I have been driven to overindulge because I feel that it is almost expected of me. I need to focus on making myself a better person and stop being concerned with being altered all of the time. Two days ago I was a straight up druggie and then some sort of switch flipped in my head, I feel like a new person and I've never been happier.
Mitch, I am so glad you have come to this realization at this early stage of adulthood, I truly wish I had done the same in my life! It would hae spared me lots of pain, I wish you none of what I went through my friend. Just a note for you, the time effort and money I have spent to get out of trouble in my life, would take at least double of your years, don't put yourself through all of that! I wish that the courts would have hit me as hard in 1985, when I got my 1st DWI, as they did in Feb 2014 for my last one that I got in 2011. Maybe I would have had a much more promising life without all the problems. But you my friend will find a much more rewarding and promising life going forward from this time if you let the alcohol and drugs go! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MitchMatch View Post
The truth would be more like, "Mom, alcohol made me feel really really good, but it also made me an awful person so I'm not drinking anymore."
That sounds pretty good to me!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The fact that you have come to these realizations at 20yrs old is a testament to you and your personality. It would seem that you have the maturity and wisdom of an old soul. I can't think of any parents that wouldn't be over the moon proud of you for standing up for a better version of yourself.