Notices

Finally hit rock bottom

Old 04-26-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally hit rock bottom

After struggling since my latest few binges, I feel I may just have about hit my lowest ever stage of alcoholism. After nearly 1 week, the paranoia and other things have taken over. Looking very likely I will lose my hous. I have fallen behind on a payment plan with them, and very scared to what they will say. I seem to be trying to hide from my problems, which will only make this worse. I promised myself and family I would seek help, this never happened. Not sure what lies in store for the future now, Only that drink has caused all my problems. Finding it hars to be positive just now.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One thing I can share with you Kevin is that drinking only prolongs the inevitable and prevents you from logically seeking solutions. The first step is to put the bottle down and stop worrying about what MAY happen and start focusing on today and what options are available. So much energy can be expended worrying about something that may happen that should be used to right the situation that could prevent the dreaded outcome. Drinking may have contributed to your current situation, but it doesn't have to dictate your future.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kevin, welcome. I've been there. Check yourself into rehab, get active with AA, and take one day at a time. You can do this. We're here for you.

Mike
Old 04-26-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kevin, you can't go back and change what has happened. The best you can do right now is to stop drinking and begin to formulate a plan to try to keep your house or to move on. Either way, being sober is the way to go.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you stop drinking today you can start working on making a better future for yourself.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Come up with a plan, including talking with your creditors, and put it into action. If you are honest and truthful you never know what might happen.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Kevin and welcome. Sorry to hear about your situation.
Yes coming up with a plan...
The very first thing you must do as was already mentioned is to put down the bottle.
Trying to fix other things while YOU are still broken does not always work. Because most likely you will break them again.

Getting help for you is of paramount importance right now. Regardless of what happens with your house and things, it won't matter if you are still drinking. So do what you can to keep your house and family going for now. But you gotta do something to stay sober. You can only tread water for so long. It's time to get up on dry land my friend.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Kevin. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. As you already know, drinking just makes everything far worse. Please don't let your anxiety over your troubles cause another binge. As the others have said, nothing will be made better by picking up. Please keep posting - it'll help to talk about things here.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Last drink was 24 hrs ago, I was tapering off. Managed todayto keep food down, Bring my energy levels back.Head still racing.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're back with us Kevin.

Check out about your house too - things may not be as bad as you think?

D