Notices

Completely Unprepared

Old 04-25-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your family x
Old 04-25-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Prayers for comfort and strength to you and your family.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. Wishing you strength and healing. xo
Old 04-25-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just was having a minor meltdown. Things are back to partly crappy with a chance of rain.

There are many things I have to be thankful for but somtimes I let the bad over shadow the good
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MIR

Your situation would test a saint.

The way you're handling it, being there for your daughter, keeping your recovery strong, and dealing with your fear is inspiring to me.

thanks

D
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Keep on keeping on. It is all we can do. Much love to you and your family.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My heart and feelings go out to you. I admire your courage.
A couple years back, my mom was very ill (near death) and I was summoned. I drove the 60+ miles to the hospital - thank goodness I didn't get stopped by the police. I proceeded to "fall asleep" in the hospital waiting area while the rest of the family paced. Yeah, I was a big help. They woke me up and sent me home. Then the next day the hospital kept her in the bed until I could get my groggy ass up there to see her one last time before they moved her into the morgue. s88t I wish I didn't just remember that now.
Be thankful you are able to be there as a whole person. I was not.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

MIR - you've been here for all of us - I hope it gives you some comfort to know we are all here for you. You are close at heart, and we'll be sure to keep you and your family in our prayers.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just was having a minor meltdown. Things are back to partly crappy with a chance of rain.

There are many things I have to be thankful for but somtimes I let the bad over shadow the good
Hi MI...sorry for what you are going through. I cannot even imagine how hard it must be. And neither could you, until you had to go through it...so it's a learning process for you too. It's only natural to struggle with it.

I think when faced with huge issues, we often forget the impact on ourselves and put it last when caring for others. I can imagine you constantly push your own thoughts down in order to be strong for your daughter - your pain becomes secondary.

I'm wondering if there is access to any family support services through the hospital your daughter is using? Even just asking one of the nursing staff, they should be able to help and direct you to resources. It's not a sign of weakness - you need to support yourself too so you can be rested and supportive to your daughter.

Just sitting down and talking to someone who can acknowledge it's ok for you to feel down and overwhelmed can be so helpful. Giving you the ok to feel those things - it's not selfish to feel down or overwhelmed. It's an emotional time.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you and your daughter have to go through this MIR, it is something that no parent should have to face. While it is very draining on you, your daughter is able to enjoy you at your best and that is a gift to her that you will never have to look back on with any regrets. You are an inspiration to me and I have to tell you that the time you spend with your precious daughter now, is the most bonding experience you'll ever have, more so than the celebrations of achievements or events, it is a labor of love that needs no explanation or expectations. Regardless of the outcome, make this time special for both of you because it is. Not everyone has the opportunity to provide love, comfort and support to a loved one with a terminal condition, some are taken without notice.

Continue to pray and receive the love and prayers coming to you and your daughter from you SR friends, miracles do happen! I hope my words come across with the meaning I am trying to relate to you, that your love for your daughter is eternal and limitless, which must comfort her despite the treatments. Love and hugs!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

MIR, I can't even begin to imagine what you are experiencing... I'm not even a mother... but it reminded me of my own mom in a strange reverse way, how I was never there for her as a child that I know she wanted more than anything... and later as an adult during the last few years of her life that were marked by depression and lots of medical problems.

More recently, I had a good friend who had cancer - I spent his last ~4 days with him in the hospital. That was an experience I will still need to learn to describe in order to share with others, not here and now.

I will only say that you are going through probably the hardest journey any human being could experience - with unbelievable strength, sharing with us, and all. That is beyond incredible.

Thanks so much for all that you are doing