Notices

Red Bulls

Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red Bulls

I've been drinking a lot of red bulls. Like a lot of red bulls. And Safeway had a special for like 10 for a nickel so i bought them because...Dang what a deal.

Is this OK.

I'm serious.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you asking for permission or are you asking for an opinion? You have my permission to drink red bull after red bull. As long as you give me permission to drink 100 cups of the strongest coffee possible every day if it's possible.

Read this: Red Bull Drink Raises Red Flag - ABC News

Don't confuse mixing RB with alcohol vs just drinking RB alone.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, I don't know but from what I hear they are sort of a buzz drink, like coffee on overdrive. And I've read about the negative health effects from this kind of drinks (heart rate, blood pressure) somI would say tread cautiously.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Are you asking for permission or are you asking for an opinion? You have my permission to drink red bull after red bull. As long as you give me permission to drink 100 cups of the strongest coffee possible every day if it's possible.

Hey LBrain, I'm with you my friend, I don't think I could give up my coffee to be honest, but hey if that's the worst thing I put into my body I'm not doing too badly right?☕️☕️
All the best my friend.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Anything can be done to excess. What are you "seeking" from the Red Bull that drives you to consume so much?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

I've been mixing red bull, with sugar free red bull.

In my stomach.

Haha.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey i was actually looking at caffeine intake guidelines just the other day and it said the 'safe' daily consumption is 5 red bulls, im not sure if i can link the page but just google it and you will get some good info
Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Anything can be done to excess. What are you "seeking" from the Red Bull that drives you to consume so much?
There's definitely a replacement side to it, in a moderately unhealthy fashion...it's also just keeping focused on a friday at work. Coffee's never been my thing. I don't smoke.

It's OK to have some things right. Or am I just kidding myself and i will find myself tricking for red bulls when the Safeway special wears off?

I'm being tongue and cheek, with only moderate concern, but concern nonetheless. Anyone been there?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsgowithJ View Post
I've been drinking a lot of red bulls. Like a lot of red bulls. And Safeway had a special for like 10 for a nickel so i bought them because...Dang what a deal.

Is this OK.

I'm serious.
Future health problem cost a lot more then a nickel
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

There's definitely a replacement side to it, in a moderately unhealthy fashion.
When I first quit, I tried to find something to replace my drinking. But quite frankly, for the alcoholic, there is no replacement for it.

If there is a concern, as far as trying to find a replacement, is that it sort of scratches the itch, but unsatisfied, we might return to drinking. One of the reasons why NA beer is not recommended as an alternative to alcohol.

I've been "buzzed" by red bull, drinking a ton of it during a long distance drive in an effort to stay awake and alert. Hence my question, what are you seeking?

Once the obsession lifts, we can make choices about what we drink based on thirst or taste or whatever, rather than what will fill the void of booze.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would avoid red bull. When I was in college a few years ago there was a death...a guy drank three cans of red bull one after the other before a basketball game and collapsed and died on the court. Just be careful...everything in moderation
Old 04-25-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Is this OK.

I'm serious.
Future health problem cost a lot more then a nickel I've been reading other advice, and I have come to the conclusion that I no nothing about this topic....so my comment is withdraw
Old 04-25-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

try a five hour energy, or B12
Old 04-25-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm an RN and I've worked in the ER and on an ambulance before. Be careful what that stuff does to your heart.

I'm serious.