Notices

What the Heck, Lets do Day One

Old 07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day one is only as hard as you make it. So is day two, and day three.......

Once you really make up your mind, it will be easier to get sober.

YOU have to WANT sobriety, really, really want it!

Until then, like Dan said, it's one big taper. Some of us will live, and some won't.

Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Are you willing to go to ANY lengths?

Tom
Old 07-02-2004, 10:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Heya C,

I am hanging in there. Trying to stay busy. I feel so ashamed of how I have come this point. I feel like if I could just have one drink it would be ok. I can handle one drink.

Damn how this addiction works in our heads. I know we all have those negative thoughts from time to time. I am not good enough, not smart enough, not thin enough etc. But to have this evil voice say, your just tense you need to relax, here I am I am your answer.

I know better but it talks a good damn game.

Thanks for checking on me, gonna try and eat some lunch and do some chorees.

Triegger
Old 07-02-2004, 10:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Pretty Is As Pretty Does

First, shame....yes I know what you mean there. But screw that, we are what we are, we're not perfect and atleast you're here. So I'm kicking that shame you have in the A@@!!!!

Second, are you sure you can handle one drink? I know I certainly can't, ya right!!

Third, you need to relax........well trying breathing...LOL, just deep breathes, CHILL OUT.....I know all about relaxing. You read my post yesterday, you don't think I needed to relax then LOL. I'll tell ya, I can have me some fits of rage, that have my heart pumping, blood pressure maxed out, adrelanine rushing........oh ya relaxing would be good. But we learn how to relax without the booze.

Fourth, that evil voice in your head...........you dam right's it EVIL and don't forget that. That stinkin' sh!t would rather have you on your knees than rise above it.

Fifth, chores and food.............good, eat up, keep busy.

Christine
Old 07-02-2004, 12:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

I agree - alcohol is evil. Starting to feel a little better
Old 07-02-2004, 12:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Pretty Is As Pretty Does

Good good, very good !

I'm back from my noon aa meeting. Must admit I've been to better ones...LOL...but hey, that's how life is, right? Right.

cc
Old 07-02-2004, 12:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paused

So what goes on at these meetings/ I am going tomorrow for the first time.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am sorry all, I failed miserably on Day One. Please do not be mad at me, or kick me off the board. If I could sell the shame I feel right now I could support all of you for the rest of your lives.

I know this is a disease and an addiction. One day at a time told me I had to want to be sober more than anything. You know, its funny, I really think I do but damn getting through it.

Look guys I am not giving up, tomorrow is another day. Just know I am pulling for all of you out there. This is a battle to be fought each day. May have got my butt whooped today but will not concede the war.

Please say a prayer for me,

Triegger
Old 07-02-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Pretty Is As Pretty Does

That's a broad question dear.

Just go . But I will type this. If you don't like tomorrow's meeting go to a different one. And if you don't like that one go to a different one. Sometimes you don't hear things you want to hear. Sometimes you think they're all a bunch of idiots...LOL. I know from experience, 5 years experience. I've been in and out of AA, trying to quit drinking for that time. I've finally found my "home" group and a sponsor. I believe now that I can beat this and I like going to my meetings.

Basically at AA meetings you find that you're not alone, you don't have to be ashamed of what you are and what you're going through. Those people are there with a common goal. You can share where you are right now, where you've come from, what your addiction has put you through, where you want to go from here, whatever. And you'll find compassion, understanding, strength, encouragement and hope.

It'll be FAB!!!

Christine
Old 07-02-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Triegger, no need to worry about what people here will think! You will find NOTHING but support here at sr.com!

Being able to admit what you went thru yesterday, and what you are going thru today, takes big time courage! You did not run and hide, you stepped up to the plate and reached out! C O N G R A T S ! ! ! for that!

Learn from your mistakes, and Keep coming back! !

Tom
Old 07-02-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

DON'T EVER QUIT TRYING

.....ted
Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by triegger
Please say a prayer for me,
Done.
And what Tom and Ted said.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

May I suggest? To H*LL with trying! Ever had a freind say they would "try" to make it to the party? Did they ever make it? Almost never.......

Do or don't do.............try is b*llsh*t!

Hoping you won't take this too seriously........but give it some thought!

Tom
Old 07-02-2004, 01:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Team,

I will not quit. I am just shaken by where I have gotten myself. Does that make since? I mean I knew I drank but never really thought about how much. Then I started noticing how I was feeling.

I found you guys cause I did not like where I was headed, but I will be damned if I thought I was as far gone as I am. I so appreciate your support and words. I have devoured this board and links sent to me. My education on this hell highway of recovery is ongoing as we speak.

you know I am one of those closet drinkers, noone around me would ever suspect. The thing is I am more ashamed to have let you guys down than my friends/family. I know you guys understand what it is like, and just as I cried when I read Athena's post about losing her 3rd day, I know there will be those of you out there who feel the same for me.

Again, let me say I will not quit and I will not quit posting.

Thanks,

Triegger
Old 07-02-2004, 01:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

I'VE WANTED TO DO IT SINCERLY EVERYTIME.RELAPSE IS A REALITY FOR SOME OF US.
SOMETIMES QUICKLY,SOMETIMES SLOWLY,BUT IT WILL MATERIALIZE IF WE WORK FOR THEM...........................ted :wink2:
Old 07-02-2004, 01:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(((triegger))) Tommorow is another day for you to start again.My prayers are with you.I know personally how much sufferering going back to the bottle brings.Many of us chase the idea that we can have one drink or drink like *normal* people to the gates of insanity or death.Bear in mind that this is a proggresive fatal disease that never gets better only worse.Perhaps a stay at an inpatient program would be of benefit.There you will learn about alcoholism,be detoxed safely and be around others who are going thru the same thing.You haveto surrender to win..Trish prayers to you.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by triegger
I know you guys understand what it is like, and just as I cried when I read Athena's post about losing her 3rd day, I know there will be those of you out there who feel the same for me.
Yep. There is a silent spiritual bond that unites us, like it or not. It comes from lived personal experience. We do not give up on eachother, no matter what. And to echo what Tom said, when I was in rehab, my counselor liked to tell me... To only try is to die.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Triegger...
God I hate to admit that, I am a drunk. Somewhere, the disease crept up on me and if it hasnt yet I know will make my life unmanageable.
Yep you got it, the longer you play this game, it will take right over, blah to it.

You found SR because you've been blessed like the rest of us, there's a reason why things happen, and if you LISTEN, really LISTEN to what everyone has to say here, your freedom from this will be right in front of your face. Some of us are slow learners, not by choice, but from to much time wasted on this thing that likes to torment the bejeepers out of us.

Closet drinker, that was also me (binge)...I told everyone I know I've went to AA meetings, I had no shame in it at all, I figured if they couldn't deal with it, oh to bad. I've yet to meet the perfect person. I know I shocked everyone, and they went into denial about it, that still makes me laugh. But we do what we have to do to get well. And you've not let any of us down, we all UNDERSTAND

Take care of YOU..yes YOU. And listen up to the gang here, the best teachers I've ever met, and they NEVER give up on any of us.

Love...Denise
Old 07-02-2004, 01:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

God Bless Triegger, and thanks for your honesty. Everyone here is standing behind you.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Paused

thanks Chy - just saw your post regarding withdrawl symptoms. Need to eat right and drink plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic). I ate a decent lunch and I am feeling a lot better. No desire for alcohol - but I bartend part-time and I have to work tonight. Makes it tough being around it. Glad it doesn't sound good today. I don't think my stomach could handle it right now anyway.

how's it going triegger??
Old 07-02-2004, 02:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Team,

I sit here in tears from the outpouring of support.

1 day @ a time said it pretty to the point "Do or don't do.............try is b*llsh*t!"

Just know I have not giving up, just knocked on my hiney for a bit.

If I might offer a bit of advice for other newbies out there (Understand I am a newbie also and claim to be an expert on nothing), but when you decide to quit dont have booze in the house. I learned the hard way. Cause when it came time to pour in a glass or in the trash, I picked wrong. If that tidbit helps any of you, today was worth it.

Triegger