Notices

Neurofeedback / Biofeedback

Old 04-24-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Neurofeedback / Biofeedback

Hi folks, I'm wondering if any of you tried neuro- or biofeedback therapy for addiction recovery or anxiety. Not looking for details or specific advice, just simply a sentence or two if you tried any of these and if they had any benefit.
Thanks
Old 04-24-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've done it! about 10 sessions so far, I like it a lot. My treatment is with 'brain paint'

very relaxing too!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, I just tried this to address an insomnia problem and I didn't enjoy it at all, I really don't see how it is supposed to work for whatever issue. I felt that I would have been just as well off at home listening to a meditation session on Youtube. But to each his own, it might suit you, but it is a rather costly treatment option, in my opinion, unless you have some sort of insurance coverage, I suppose.
Good luck!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. So it seems like there are not so many people on here that have used or are using these technologies.

I considered it several times over years, mostly as something that might potentially help me relax. I finally made an appointment with a practice to try a few months ago, but my appointment was canceled by the professional and I never revisited since.

Just got back into the thought yesterday after hearing a pretty cool seminar about research on neurofeedback to figure out some people's predispositions for hardships related traumatic experiences that lead to PTSD, and a device these people are trying to develop. I was wondering about potential "real life" experiences in the addiction world.