SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   first posting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/330059-first-posting.html)

leviathan 04-23-2014 09:34 PM

first posting

first posting to the sr site. ive been peeking for a while. finally registered. this seems to be a pretty genuine site (i've shopped around).

been polysubstance for 18 years. alcohol is my go-to demon though. had MASSIVE flame-out after years of semi-functional lying and hiding. lost job. lost nursing licence. lost respect for self (it's slowly coming back).

on positive side- spouse standing with me. didn't kill self. completed an intensive outpatient rehab. still have health and mental function havent touched anything since feb 25.

i'm here to talk to others who understand.

Dee74 04-23-2014 09:37 PM

Welcome aboard leviathan :)

D

Back2Basics 04-23-2014 10:49 PM

Welcome, and Congrats!
I got cleaned up (again) on February 18 of this year. So, we have that pretty much in common...oh yea, also the alcohol. :) Don't know about you, but I dabbled in all kindsa chemicals and the like. Great that you finished up an outpatient program too. Are you doing any meetings? Or have you found support somewhere else other than SR? Even if not, I'm sure you feel a lot better than two months ago. I know I do! Keep posting! Stay in touch!

yeahgr8 04-23-2014 11:08 PM

Welcome, you a supernatural fan perchance?

Kitkat331 04-23-2014 11:20 PM

Welcome! I'm new, too. :)

Stoogy 04-23-2014 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by leviathan (Post 4610641)
first posting to the sr site. ive been peeking for a while. finally registered. this seems to be a pretty genuine site (i've shopped around).

been polysubstance for 18 years. alcohol is my go-to demon though. had MASSIVE flame-out after years of semi-functional lying and hiding. lost job. lost nursing licence. lost respect for self (it's slowly coming back).

on positive side- spouse standing with me. didn't kill self. completed an intensive outpatient rehab. still have health and mental function havent touched anything since feb 25.

i'm here to talk to others who understand.

Welcome, look forward to your posts once you settle in.
Wishing you well.

PrincessLeia 04-24-2014 01:00 AM

Hi! I'm new here too and looking forward to new supportive friends:) Today I'm 24 days sober and I really didn't think I would make it past the first day or even week. It's getting a little easier, although I still fight those nasty triggers. I have never drank so much club soda and ice tea in my life!! lol

MariahGayle 04-24-2014 02:02 AM

Leviathan - Glad you are here with us!

Upward2Enlightenment 04-24-2014 02:34 AM

Hi Leviathan, new here too.

leviathan 04-24-2014 04:24 PM

Thanx for reply. Im still learning to navigate the site. Little bit of a learning curve, evidently. No structured meetings, but have been to a couple AAs. Prob not my thing, but ive committed to go back if i eel like relapsing. ...yeah man, started partying at age of 16 (1986) -extensive use of all kinds of ****. No needles. No xtacy.(guess im too old). Dig your quote. I keep one handy that was spoken by tecumseh.(sp?)

eaglesa1a 04-24-2014 04:27 PM

Welcome, glad you're here.

SoberLeigh 04-24-2014 04:32 PM

Welcome, leviathan.

izzy8 04-24-2014 04:41 PM

Glad you're here, Leviathan. It's a good place to be :).

LadyBlue0527 05-30-2014 04:50 PM

Welcome to the board! :)